How early to get to Whitetail?
4 posts
4 users
1k+ views
skidmo
March 2, 2006
Member since 10/10/2003 🔗
32 posts
Just thinking of sneaking up to whitetail on Sunday. I know the slopes open around 8:30, but does anyone know when the ski rental shop opens? I want to get there as early as possible to get on the slopes as early as possible. Also, would it be quicker to rent skis first and then go get lift tickets? Or does it simply not matter. (I can't order lift tickets online because we won't be sure we can go until Saturday which is too late to get them online.)

Thanks.
kennedy
March 2, 2006
Member since 12/8/2001 🔗
792 posts
I thought you had to pay for your rentals at the ticket window. Either way the ticket window opens before 8:30 usually so you'll have time to go get rentals too.
skier219
March 2, 2006
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
Quote:

Just thinking of sneaking up to whitetail on Sunday. I know the slopes open around 8:30, but does anyone know when the ski rental shop opens? I want to get there as early as possible to get on the slopes as early as possible. Also, would it be quicker to rent skis first and then go get lift tickets? Or does it simply not matter. (I can't order lift tickets online because we won't be sure we can go until Saturday which is too late to get them online.)

Thanks.

If you're concerned about avoiding rental lines/delays, then get your equipment off-mountain the night before (assuming there are shops in your area that rent).
therusty
March 2, 2006
Member since 01/17/2005 🔗
422 posts
The mountain opens at 8AM.

The fastest way to do it all at Whitetail is to buy your ticket online and print off the online rental form and fill it out ahead of time.

If you pull into the lot by 10 till, hit the ticket window smack at 8, you can easily be in the line before the chairs open.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?