March 1, 2006
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts

Flamingo turns, yay!
therusty
March 1, 2006
Member since 01/17/2005 🔗
422 posts
You're welcome. It's so nice to be loved.

It's funny. I started writing this in response to a question posted on Epic figuring that it would not be of interest to many people. But this year it seems like I've run into "returning" skiers every week and have received a couple of very positive "it worked for me" comments from people who reviewed early versions of this.

The article is here .
ltbluek2
March 6, 2006
Member since 02/15/2006 🔗
12 posts
Ditto regarding the article - it was great information! I read it to my husband as we were driving up to Whitetail yesterday. He learned on shape skis, I on straight - so it was funny to hear him say, 'oh yeah, I know that', and he's only been sking for 6 years and me for 20! I actually probably benefited more - but we both learned a lot! Now if we could only do something about the 'slush islands' that were forming at Whitetail yesterday, I could better practice my carving! (new word for me!)
Murphy
March 6, 2006
Member since 09/13/2004 🔗
618 posts
Ditto from my wife as well. She read the article and immediately proclaimed that she had wasted the $35 she had just spent on a lesson at Snowshoe. She said she learned more from the article than the 2 hour lesson.
therusty
March 7, 2006
422 posts
Tis the time of the season for slush.

Rusty's first tip is to get some Zardoz NotWax (available at Tognar )

Rusty's second tip is to treat slush like heavy powder. Narrow your stance a little, make shallower turns (more down the hill than across the hill) and increase speed!
therusty
March 7, 2006
422 posts
Hey Murphy -

Better than a $35 lesson?
It kinda makes supporting DC Ski for $20 sound cheap, doesn't it?

But this does create a problem for me now. It's going to be tough to make my in person lessons even better than the article.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?