6 posts
5 users
1k+ views
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
March 1, 2006
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/finan...046&k=28806

Intrawest Corp. ended months of speculation yesterday when it announced it had hired Goldman, Sachs & Co. to explore options including a sale or restructuring of the company.
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
March 1, 2006
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Intrawest has done a great job with Snowshoe and all the resorts they own. I sure would hate to see Snowshoe sold simply because of a corporate buyout. Hopefully Intrawest can decide what they are going to do soonest so all their resorts can get on with life and continue expansion, quality and other improvements. Indecision breeds questions in the consumers' minds! GO SNOWSHOE!!!
The Colonel
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
March 1, 2006
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
They apparently want to get out of the business of managing ski resorts and stick to what they see as their core competencies: building villages and real estate development.

This news, btw, caused a significant jump in Intrawest's stock price.

Roger Z
March 1, 2006
Member since 01/16/2004 🔗
2,181 posts
Yeah, I owned Intrawest stock and stupidly sold it in a downswing. I say it was a stupid sale because the day I sold it, it traded below book value, which for someone who claims to be a value investor (me) is beyond stupid. That was when the stock was at 14, about two years ago. It kind of rode the home wave up. The 10% jump a couple days ago caught my eye. At least I've made some good investments since then. But there's never a fish as big as the one that got away. Sigh...
kwillg6
March 2, 2006
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
Thanks, John. Be thankful that they didn't buy t-line. Just think of the ramifications of that.
warren
March 2, 2006
Member since 07/31/2003 🔗
485 posts
Could you imagine. There'd be high-rise condos on every millimeter of land and 2 hour long lift lines since they don't tend to do too much slope development

-Warren-

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?