New Davis weather website
5 posts
4 users
jonjon
November 26, 2003
Member since 04/2/2004 🔗
70 posts
I have made the leap from dreaming about the snow to moving to where it is. I know how difficult it is to access real-time, accurate weather conditions in the Canaan Valley/Timberline area, so I've splurged and purchased an expensive weather station and the software to download it to a web site. I plan on making a link available on meyerhousebandb.com. I hope to give reports of not only the current conditions, i.e., temp, humidity, wind and liquid precip., but I'm also going to add in current day snowfall, 1 week snowfall, and season-to-date snowfall. Any other suggestions as to what may be useful to list on the site -- maybe average snow depths? Please advise.
(Anonymous)
November 26, 2003
Once you get things up and running you might want to talk to Chip over at Whitegrass about posting a link on his site as well.
(Anonymous)
November 27, 2003
Cant wait!You will be reporting cond at 3200' can we get some 4200'+ reports? I remember the mtn operations guy at timberline used to tally up the snow totals on top of the mtn. There is a diff. His total for 95/96 was 320"!! been starvin for info for years more power to you & thanks
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
November 27, 2003
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
Andy has a good point: there are a number of different microclimates in the area. Canaan Heights gets very different weather from Davis, for example.
Lietmotiv
November 28, 2003
Member since 12/31/2001 🔗
113 posts
Can't wait to see your weather reports. Getting good weather for this area is difficult. What is the old temperature rule? 3 degrees colder for every 1000' feet?

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?