Canaan Valley Stores Open
9 posts
6 users
(Anonymous)
November 24, 2003
It appears that CVS has reopened. I think it was last Friday. I spoke to a former employee who is was rehired and it seems they are up and running for now at least. I haven't stopped in myself but there was a fair amount of traffic in and out of there this weekend.
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
November 24, 2003
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
That's good news indeed. It's 12 miles from the base of Timberline to Shop & Save in Davis. Having to make that drive in the winter just to get milk would have been a real pain.
warren
November 24, 2003
Member since 07/31/2003 🔗
485 posts
That's great news! It makes a HUGE difference when staying in the valley. Let's hope they stay open...

-Warren-

Lietmotiv
November 24, 2003
Member since 12/31/2001 🔗
113 posts
Thank god. Where else are you going to get "Gueniune Rattle Snake eggs"?

-Doug

JohnL
November 25, 2003
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
>> Thank god. Where else are you going to get "Gueniune Rattle Snake eggs"?

I never cared for that particular self-serve section.

gatkinso
November 25, 2003
Member since 01/25/2002 🔗
316 posts
They know they have you... and they jack up the prices there accordingly.

Not that I am about to drive to Foodland most of the time, but still.

That's what you get when you don't stock up at the Food Lion in Creasaptown!

(Anonymous)
November 25, 2003
Unfortunately, pretty much every store in the Canaan/Davis/Thomas area "has you". Unless you are willing to drive to Oakland Md or Elkins, WV you will pay higher prices for food and such. Thats just the reality of living in a mostly rural resort area with a fairly small full time population. There isn't much competition to keep prices down.
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
November 25, 2003
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
Also, doesn't CVS have the only license to sell hard booze in the area? This is often a big issue for New Year's Eve revelers....
(Anonymous)
November 26, 2003
I think thats correct. I'm not sure if they still have it or not but they probably do. I can't remember is Shop and Save can sell or not. I believe its only beer and wine there.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?