the skiing weatherman?
7 posts
5 users
myrto
November 20, 2003
Member since 10/4/2001 🔗
259 posts
whatever happened the skiing weatherman .com?
Anybody know
ski_guy_59
November 20, 2003
Member since 11/9/2001 🔗
221 posts
It's working for me. Maybe it was down for a while?
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
November 21, 2003
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
He was supposedly at Killington yesterday, but he has not updated his site yet. I'm curious about his long-range prediction for the Mid-Atlantic will be. Snowshoe is one of his sponsors so he usually includes some information on our region with each report.

http://www.skiingweatherman.com/index.php

Chad
November 21, 2003
Member since 12/12/2000 🔗
274 posts
now he is saying that we just need to be patient for a couple of weeks and we will have "cold air in abundant supply."

http://www.skiingweatherman.com/weather.php

bring it on!

(Anonymous)
November 21, 2003
& The prediction is for higher temps in the highlands? Lets hope he is right??!
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
November 22, 2003
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
I think this line sums up what Herb thinks will happen:

"And that's the way I see the East getting into winter...by a series of small steps, rather than with the arrival of a blob or arctic air."

Hopefully, this will mean that most of the Mid-Atlantic will have some terrain open by Christmas....

(Anonymous)
November 22, 2003
For what it's worth what Herb is saying pretty much coincides with the long term outlook that is listed on WeatherBug - that a big High pressure will form near Greenland and force cold air southward (into the Northeast US), rather than letting the cold air slip directly Eastward into the Atlantic.

For Dec-Feb Weather Bug is predicting 'normal' temps for the Northeast, and above average precip for the Eastern Ohio Valley, which includes Snowshoe, Canaan/Timberline, Wisp, 7Springs, etc.....

Let's cross our fingers that they're correct!!

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.