Hidden Valley TR 1/25/06
5 posts
3 users
BushwackerinPA
January 26, 2006
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
Well after a couple subpar weekend in a row, to day was well great. With fresh snow covering nearly everything in varying amounts the skiing was great, didnt even hit the icey layer underneath to much. The snow was, as off the 25th, usually around boot top deep, but there were place were KNEE!!! deep could be found(firebird, Imperial). I was so happy skiing I was laughing out loud the entire way down.

Best part of the day GS turns to the piont my hip was just sitting in hte snow, made me fell like a ski movie star.

Long story short if you can get west of the allegheny front today ski, do so you mind and heart will thank you.:)
gizmosnow
January 26, 2006
Member since 10/6/2005 🔗
269 posts
Thank you for the report...hope you save some of that snow for us weekenders!
But, I'm curious if HV bothered to turn their snowmakers on? SS reported snowmaking yesterday and continuing all day today in anticipation of warmer weekend weather and no more natural in the forecast.
Is HV taking advantage of these short-lived cold temps as well? I suspect many of us hope so but doubt it!
BushwackerinPA
January 26, 2006
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
They started turning guns on about 7pm yesterday. It apppeared to be nearly every gun they could turn on, just going down the line and turning them on. I have no clue how long they were on for.

edited to add pm.
casey
January 29, 2006
Member since 11/21/2005 🔗
37 posts
Having a place on the slopes at HV, I can say that they have made snow this season whenever the weather made it possible. The lights on the slope stay on all night while they groom. Saturday the skiing was perfect. There were alot of skiers but all the lifts were open and the lines were short. Lets give them credit where credit is due
BushwackerinPA
January 29, 2006
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
Saturday was awesome, best but also the most crowded day so far this year.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.