Wintergreen weather for the rest of this week
4 posts
2 users
skier219
January 23, 2006
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
As of 11pm, Monday January 23:

This is from the NWS digital forecast database, and is set for the latitude/longitude at the top of the Highlands area. This database takes elevation into account, so these are the conditions to expect up on the mountain, and are on the order of 5-10deg cooler than the valley below.

I am going to try and set up a script to make this available on a regular basis. Right now, it's just a screen snapshot from my laptop.

Craig
k_alice
January 24, 2006
Member since 11/22/2005 🔗
92 posts
This is really helpful! I always wonder how much cooler it will be on the mountain as opposed to in Nellysford. But I'm really curious about Monday and Tuesday of next week. No school in Fairfax on Monday, and we're wondering if we should give the kids a bonus day off on Tuesdsay. If you can post a forecast (when available) for those days, I'd really appreciate it.
skier219
January 24, 2006
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
Forecast as of Tuesday at 8:30pm:

skier219
January 24, 2006
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
Quote:

This is really helpful! I always wonder how much cooler it will be on the mountain as opposed to in Nellysford. But I'm really curious about Monday and Tuesday of next week. No school in Fairfax on Monday, and we're wondering if we should give the kids a bonus day off on Tuesdsay. If you can post a forecast (when available) for those days, I'd really appreciate it.

I'll see if I can go longer range, but my honest opinion is that the forecast is not dependable more than about 4-5 days out. In fact, up above you can see how much it already changed in 24 hours!

CRaig

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.