Place to stay near T-Line
11 posts
8 users
1k+ views
cjf242
January 18, 2006
Member since 11/10/2003 🔗
30 posts
My wife and I are planning a trip out to T-Line in feb.
I know this has been talked about before but a search of the forum did not turn up anything.

We are just looking for a modest place to stay for two nights. Does anyone have some sugestions on B&Bs or hotles that are decent places for skiers to stay?

Thanx in advance for any info..

Cory
tgd
January 18, 2006
Member since 07/15/2004 🔗
585 posts
Meyer House and Bright Morning Inn are B&Bs in Davis are good bets - check Jim Kenney's (JimK) recent article about the Meyer House (DCSki poster JonJon is the owner). Davis is about 10 miles from Timberline. Closer accomodations are available in the lodge at the Canaan Valley State Park - about 4 miles from Tline, but right across the road from Canaan Valley Resort (free bus shuttle available).
cjf242
January 18, 2006
30 posts
Thanx for the info.. I called Meyer House and they are all booked up.
tgd
January 18, 2006
Member since 07/15/2004 🔗
585 posts
I've stayed at the Birght Morning Inn before and really enjoyed. If the distance is not an issue, add a couple more miles and try the Blackwater Canyon State park. They have a lodge and some nice little cabins. The park is especially scenic in winter. They have XC skiing and a sledding hill (with rope tow).
cjf242
January 18, 2006
30 posts
Sweet.. a sledding hill. Now that my be worth it.
Eug
January 18, 2006
Member since 03/3/2005 🔗
142 posts
I don't know if you have seen the thread 'Best Ski Area... 3 hours'. At any rate, I mentioned in that thread that I found a resort/development called 'Black Bear Resort'. They have smaller houses that they call 'pedestal homes' and the rates seemed ok. we rented one of the 'luxury' models for a total of $572 for 3 nights. Smaller houses are cheaper.

I think it is about 6 miles from the ski areas. Personally, I like staying in a condo or a house as oppose to a hotel room. Sometimes the rate are very similar for a lot more room. Fireplace, living room, kitchen, etc.

There are a lot of choices if you google it. Good luck in your search and let us know.

I will post my opinion on Black Bear after I get back.
TLaHaye
January 18, 2006
Member since 02/9/2005 🔗
136 posts
We're staying at the Deerfield Village Resort this weekend. I've been told it's nice, and 2 miles from TL. Will let you know more next week.

We're paying $150/night for a 1 BR condo.

http://deerfieldwv.com/
queenoftheslopes
January 18, 2006
Member since 11/15/2004 🔗
143 posts
I second the suggestion for Black Water Falls lodge. They price is great.
David
January 18, 2006
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
I have stayed at Deerfield Village a few times and have always had an awesome stay. The condos are very nice. Also, the people there are great.
yellowsnow
January 18, 2006
Member since 12/15/2005 🔗
289 posts
Deerfield is a great place and has an excellent restaurant on site as well.
They have very nice 1, 2 or 3 bedroom townhomes. Don't stay in just a hotel room.
Glenn_C
January 18, 2006
Member since 11/14/2004 🔗
67 posts
You want an ecclectic B & B at a decent price (~ $70 on weekends and $50 on weekdays), try thefiddler's roost in Thomas. It's 2 miles north of Davis and sits right next to the Purple Fiddle. Great live bluegrass bands on Friday and Saturday nights with an excellent beer/wine selection and great sandwiches/wraps/coffee/dessert. Not sure if night life is your thing but this can be a fun weekend with the right couple.
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.