Transpack Ski Boot Bag - Willis in Fairfax
4 posts
3 users
1k+ views
Eug
January 17, 2006
Member since 03/3/2005 🔗
142 posts
Just wanted to let you know that Willis in Fairfax has the Transpack XT-1 on sale for $48. That is a great price. This bag goes for $60 online/internet plus shipping.

Also, I was told that there is sale scheduled to start this weekend.
ScotS244
January 18, 2006
Member since 01/29/2004 🔗
122 posts
Yes, it's definitely a great bag but there is one major drawback - the design makes it so that is not possible to fit it in an overhead baggage compartment if you are the type to carry on your boots in a bag. Since it doesn't fit, they'll make you check it and what it the good in that? Anyhow, this bag can fit a ton of stuff in it. The side pockets are separated from the middle compartment so you don't get stuff wet, dirty, etc. The middle compartment easily holds a helmet, gloves, googles, two way, hats, and whatever else you want to throw in there.
Eug
January 18, 2006
Member since 03/3/2005 🔗
142 posts
Yeah, I read about the possible size issue with the airlines. I was thinking that I could pack less clothes/junk in the boot bag to make it flatter. That way it could (hopefully) fit horizontally in the overhead.

I am thinking that with all of the junk that I carry, maybe I should think about getting the TRV also... hum .
comprex
January 24, 2006
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts

Still looking for that elusive on-mountain hydration and shovel-capable pack that will fit 2 boots for carry-on, and not make it impossible to lower the lift bar.

My previous was a 1997 Black Diamond Attack Pack.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.