Bristol, NY?
3 posts
2 users
Taylormatt
January 17, 2006
Member since 12/3/2004 🔗
339 posts
Anyone know anything about it and about how long it should take to get there from the Pittsburgh area or at least from Holiday Valley which is ~3 hours from here?
MattD
January 17, 2006
Member since 01/17/2006 🔗
3 posts
Probably 2.5 to 3 hrs drive between Holiday and Bristol, but I've never gone from one to the other.

I'm from Rochester, NY and have been to Holiday Valley, Swain, and Bristol.

Bristol has the best vertical, terrain and lifts, but a more "business" attitude. Swain and Holiday are more relaxed, and Holiday has more lodging choices.

I used to get the twilight season pass at Bristol (before I moved to VA last summer), and make the 50 min drive from Rochester after work many times throughout the year.

Any details you wanna hear about? lemme know.
Taylormatt
January 17, 2006
Member since 12/3/2004 🔗
339 posts
Thanks for the info. So Bristol is 3 hours from HV and HV is ~3 hours from here, so we should plan on around 6 hours to get there. The website says 35 miles from Rochester, which I believe is about 5 hours from here, give or take.

There will be 3 of us going there from 7 Springs on March 2nd & 3rd for Level 2 exams and a Master Teacher cert. We'll be looking for hotel or condo rec's if you know of any and convenience is key, without spending premium coin. IE, we don't need a ski in/out condo, but close is preferable. Are the condos on the mtn worth the money or are we better off staying in Canandiuga (sp?) for cheaper rates and being closer to bars/restaurants?

I'll be doing my teaching segment there, my wife, her skiing segment, so she's interested in terrain (specifically, pitch) compared to say Holiday Valley which is fairly similar to here at 7 Springs.

Any good bars/restaurants we must hit?

I see the elev. is only 2200' at the summit, so less than 7 Springs. What are the the typical conditions the 1st week of March? I'm guessing if winter kicks in later in February that the lake effect snow machine could have that place rocking. If it remains as is, their current 14"-24" base will have us skiing dirt & rocks by March, lol.

Any info on these subjects would be great. Thanks again.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?