What's up with skisoutheast.com?
3 posts
3 users
1k+ views
(Anonymous)
November 10, 2003
Hey Scott -

I noticed that skisoutheast.com just started taking ads but it looks like they lifted a lot of text from dcski. Have you seen their page?

It says things like:

"If your goal is to market to outdoor enthusiasts, particularly in the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic regions, you will not find a better outlet than SkiNC/SkiSoutheast/SkiMidAtlantic."

Your advertising page on dcski says:

"If your goal is to market to outdoor enthusiasts, particularly in the Mid-Atlantic region, you will not find a better outlet than DCSki."

A lot of the other text on the skisoutheast page is almost a carbon copy of what you have, including things like platinum sponsorship.

Are these sites related to dcski or are they breaking your copywrite?

skisoutheast talks about blowing other sites away but I haven't found much there except self congratulations.

Scott - DCSki Editor
November 10, 2003
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts
No, SkiSoutheast.com has no affiliation with DCSki. I suppose imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?

I check out SkiSoutheast.com every now and then -- they have a good collection of webcams scattered throughout resorts in North Carolina.

There's a lot of good web sites available to east coast skiers and boarders. (Of course, I think DCSki is pretty good, but I'm heavily biased!) We do our best to deliver useful, timely, unbiased information to Mid-Atlantic skiers and boarders, and if we've done that at the end of the day, we're content.

- Scott

gatkinso
November 11, 2003
Member since 01/25/2002 🔗
316 posts
IMO I find dcski to be pretty much the best skiing website out there.

If I am looking for more national coverage I hit skicentral.com - but I don't like their format very much (however they get the job done so I guess that is what matters).

If I can't get what I want from the two, then I go directly to a resorts page.

[This message has been edited by gatkinso (edited 11-11-2003).]

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?