What do you suppose Snowtime is going to do ...
9 posts
8 users
1k+ views
snowcone
January 2, 2006
Member since 09/27/2002 🔗
589 posts
... with the procedes from the sale of Windham?
http://www.skipressworld.com/us/en/daily_news/2006/01/windham_sale_finalized.html?cat=Resorts

Add/upgrade the Snowtime 3?
Invest in another local hill? Laurel maybe?

Anyone know anything?
Heather
January 2, 2006
Member since 02/24/2005 🔗
170 posts
Yet another rumor that cannot be confirm! I heard that Snow time was already a player in this area (think on a large scale, possibly in 3 more resorts!) Although no news wrt LM yet, still waiting for new about the pending HV sale to be confirmed.
therusty
January 3, 2006
Member since 01/17/2005 🔗
422 posts
We've been told that Irv will focus on Liberty, Roundtop and Whitetail. That's what we've been told. Plans can change. Windham was not up for sale. The buyers made Irv too good of an offer to turn down because their real estate holdings made the resort much more valuable to them. My guess is that you MIGHT see slightly more investment in the 3 home resorts. Snowtime seems much to careful about making a profit to go on a spending spree at home.

On the other hand, Whitetail has a bowl between SnowPark and Fanciful where the master plan had 2 more lifts and a bunch more trails going in. Of course, with that they'd need to double the snowmkaing capacity. Then there's the trail from the top of SnowPark to the top of Velvet, the mountain top restaurant and another restaurant at the base of Northern Lights.

Don't hold your breath.
Roy
January 5, 2006
Member since 01/11/2000 🔗
609 posts
I agree with Rusty. The money will be reinvested in the current 3 mountains. They have been spending money to upgrade snowmaking equipment, tubing area upgrades, etc.

I can't see them selling Windham, which I assume was profitable, and buy a mountain that has struggled to stay open.
comprex
January 5, 2006
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts

Get Chip Chase to revive LM.
bawalker
January 5, 2006
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
Now that would REALLY be a mountain with 'soul'.
langleyskier
January 5, 2006
Member since 12/7/2004 🔗
824 posts
i have always wondered what they could do with that "extra" land they have at whitetail. I would love to see some more runs and maybe another lift go up!!
Heather
January 6, 2006
Member since 02/24/2005 🔗
170 posts
Chip Chase...WHO?
tommo
January 6, 2006
Member since 01/16/2004 🔗
303 posts
Chip Chase, the mid-atlantic's Grand Savant of Snow, and creator of all things Whitegrass!

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?