Dalboots? Any good?
6 posts
5 users
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
December 31, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Fello DCSkiers,
I need a little help, soonest. I found a new pair of Dalboots that seem to fit me to a "T".
However, I know little or nothing about this boot, and the Italian manufacturer.
Any advice?
The Colonel
tjburke
January 10, 2006
Member since 03/19/2005 🔗
8 posts
Sorry for the delay in the response. The company is called Dalbello, based out of Montabaluna Italy. The company is great, and the boots have kind of fluctuated back and forth between the womens and mens being great. The story on the boots are that if they fit real well then get them. You are probably concerned that the price is a little lower than the others on the wall... don't be. The reason the boots are so cheap is because the company gets retailers and ships direct. They rarely advertise, and they don't really sponsor skiers. All these points mean that there are less overhead costs, and they can offer them cheaper to you.
The company is really starting to make a name for itself in that it has Glen Plake skiing on their boots. Additionally they bought out the old patents for Raichle boots and are on a mission to perfecting the Raichle dream of a proper flex point (like the old flexon). The new boot is called the Krypton, and it is starting to show up in quite a few places.
Anyhow, the deal with Dalbello is if they fit and feel good, buy them. They are a smaller company making inroads, and are getting bigger by the year.
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
January 10, 2006
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts
There are 2 close matches here, not sure which one you mean;

http://www.dalebootusa.com/

http://www.dalbellosports.com/
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
January 10, 2006
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
I purchased the Dalbello ZX Supershort. Really seem to fit well, ski best with proper adjustment and boy do they have a number of adjustments the user can make:
canting, stiffness, forward lean, micro adjust buckles, buckle screws, etc. I am still trying to find the best adjust for my skiing style, but they are light, and, well, great. Going out to Vail next week to give them a workout.
The Colonel
warren
January 11, 2006
Member since 07/31/2003 🔗
485 posts
Colonel,
I'll be out in Summit county as well next week
Since I've never skied Colorado before, my buddy and I are staying in near lake Dillon and doing a sampler of the various resorts off of I-70.

-Warren-
MangyMarmot
January 11, 2006
Member since 12/25/2002 🔗
183 posts
Um, yeah, I didn't recognize Dalbello from Dalboots either. I have a pair of Dalbellos I bought like 7 years ago. They hold up well. And the adjustments are pretty nifty. Been thinking of getting a new pair when I head to ITALY in a month!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO

mm
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?