question about a specific skis
3 posts
3 users
1k+ views
maxsquat
December 16, 2005
Member since 12/12/2005 🔗
9 posts
hello...Last year a friend of mine give me his skis since he is unable to ski anymore... I'm not sure if they are appropriate for me so here goes:

Rossignol Brand...
On top it is a light blue color with 7 S Kevlar printed on it...also "endorsed" by USA Alpine Team
On the bottom there is a VAS R9000 imprint....

these do not even look like the "shaped" skis that I've been using when renting... Fat on front..narrow in the back...

Now...my skill level I would say "ski very well at the blues...can handle some diamonds"...

I hope this is enough info for you...what I need to know whether or not these skis are appropriate for me...

I only ski maybe 4-5 times a year and would hate to waste a day using these skis if its not appropriate..

thanks
Crush
December 16, 2005
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,274 posts
rats ... and I just threw out all my old equipment reviews from SKI mag!

As I recall, the Rossi 7S with VAS was an early 90's ski. It came in a few varients but they were all straight-cut (not shaped) skis. The "S" desgnation means it was generally regarded as a salom ski. I think Rossi has recently introduced the VAS concept of rubber lobes to reduce vibrations.

Hey they were nice skis in the 90's! You'll probably have quite a bit of fun with them!
comprex
December 16, 2005
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts
1) Make sure that the binding isn't some ancient relic no shop will work on.

2) The last of the teal was in like '96 so be aware instructors won't allow/wish you to take lessons on them.

3) They are REALLY GOOD on ice for a straight ski.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?