Dont' forget old-skool stuff ....
8 posts
5 users
2k+ views
Crush
December 9, 2005
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,271 posts
Had a great day today attacking stuff. Under the Tombstone chair lift in front of the "Peanut Gallery" I was flying through chopped-up powder and small round bumps when I got in the back seat and *then* hit a big bump that threw me back so I was basically doing a wheelie with my tips waaay up in the air ... I ski pretty new-skool but to my amazment my body did an old-skool "jet turn" that I had not done in about 15 years and it worked great I was right back up attacking again with lots of 'wha hoooo yeahs" from the "Peanut Gallery" (well hell a Jet Turn always looks good even if you are about to bail!!!) ....

lesson : don't forget your old-skool moves they are just as relevent today as they were in the 60's!!!!!!!!!!!
TLaHaye
December 11, 2005
Member since 02/9/2005 🔗
136 posts
Alright Jean Claude ... but were you on 215s?
Crush
December 11, 2005
1,271 posts
lol nope on my 178 Inspireds ... I was a "accidental-Jean Claude "!
JohnL
December 12, 2005
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
Crush,

Remember it's not a jet turn unless you call it in advance. Otherwise, it's just being in the back seat.

Kinda like an off-the-backboard made basket in HORSE doesn't count unless you call "bank shot" before hand.
JohnL
December 12, 2005
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
Or, for some pre-"Frank the Tank at Mitchapolooza Old Skool", how 'bout a Worm Turn into a Slow Dog Noodle into a Wong Banger into a Back Scratcher into some ski ballet with Suzy Chapstick?
BushwackerinPA
December 13, 2005
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
I was using the samething to clear a low branch(like 2 feet off the ground) on the right side of imperail this weekend(a powder stash at Hidden Valley), the powder the tail of a metron can generate is unbelievable.

Josh who freeskis much differently than what is "technically" correct.
comprex
December 14, 2005
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts

All very well until you forget the core strength in the preseason: oldskool-> owwwch.
Crush
December 14, 2005
1,271 posts
Quote:

Crush,

Remember it's not a jet turn unless you call it in advance. Otherwise, it's just being in the back seat.

Kinda like an off-the-backboard made basket in HORSE doesn't count unless you call "bank shot" before hand.

JohnL- nuh uh! I meant to do that!

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.