T-Line Or Wisp
11 posts
7 users
1k+ views
john84
December 6, 2005
Member since 11/7/2005 🔗
27 posts
Me and my friend were trying to figure out where to go this saturday but we couldn't make a decision. Anyone have any ideas about who's going to be less crowded this saturday?
jimmy
December 6, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Welcome John84, If i only had Saturday I'd spend it at Wisp. Sounds like they'll be almost wide open this weekend, &7 bucks for a lift ticket, I've never had a bad time there. What could be better than that? Dont worry about the crowd. They'll all be puttin up christmas lighs an such.
JimK - DCSki Columnist
December 7, 2005
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,963 posts
Prolly good call by Jimmy, but depends where you're coming from and whether T-line is expecting a big natural dump. If you have to drive pass Wisp, more or less, to get to T-line, it might not pay to go further unless you have other rationale beyond trail count and ticket price.
To clarify on Wisp birthday pricing, BELIEVE it is: $30 for a lift ticket good Sat thru Mon, $7 for lift tic good Sun and Mon. Rentals on Sun and Mon are $7 each. Check their website for definitive info.
kwillg6
December 7, 2005
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
Does it really matter where we ski? I mean, when you look at what mother nature has provided, any hill should be close to 100% skiable. It all depends if they will let you ski it. I'm taking the rock skiis to t-line this weekend. They have less of a problem with poachers than most areas. Of course, if there is enough pow, most ski areas will let the public use it.
jimmy
December 7, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Quote:

....... but depends where you're coming from and whether T-line is expecting a big natural dump.......

JimK, Thanks for clarifying the Wisp Ticket deal, as usual i am slightly confused.

Sure would be nice to get some local 411 on what Tline has and even a little speculation on what'll be open on opening day.

Edit- Hey Kim, where u bin i've missed u . See you and yours this weekend?
kennedy
December 7, 2005
Member since 12/8/2001 🔗
792 posts
Yeah I made the mistake on the Wisp tix too. I think I'll get the $30 weekend pass and just skip Monday. Maybe I can put it on a swindle ring and give it up for the cause when I'm done.
jimmy
December 7, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
LOL, swindle ring , aughtta post that one over on the vocabulary thred.
gravydave
December 7, 2005
Member since 03/6/2005 🔗
7 posts
Tline just updated their trails they expect to open tomorrow and the weekend. Sally and white lightening are expected to be open and snowmaking on silver streak and OTW . Wisp should also be sweet with the new terrain and super cheap lift tix. Both will be great this weekend after the dump on thursday night so enjoy.
Dave
jimmy
December 7, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
gravydave, great minds think alike, just came back to post this snow report and you are all over it. Thanks!
john84
December 7, 2005
Member since 11/7/2005 🔗
27 posts
Well I've decided on T-Line, just gotta hope that my ride can come through. Oh and I'm coming from the Rockville/Bethesda area.
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
December 7, 2005
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
This should be the best opener in a while at T-line!!! White Lightning and Sally plus an off-chance of OTW. Life could be worse--a lot worse! I wonder how I will ever get through this week?

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?