6 posts
2 users
1k+ views
Scott - DCSki Editor
October 29, 2003
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts
Hi folks!

I'm working on a story on Wisp, and I'm looking to get some comments from snowboarders who frequent Wisp Resort. Wisp has two terrain parks and a Super Pipe. Being a (wimpy) skier, I've never tried them. If you have, and wouldn't mind providing your perspective, please fire me an e-mail at scott@dcski.com.

Thanks!

- Scott

JR
October 29, 2003
Member since 01/1/2003 🔗
276 posts
Actually Scott, I don't ever remember seeing two terrain parks there even though their site says they have 2 and a super pipe. They used to have Devils Arena Terrain park and the half pipe where it is shown on their map but last year the Super pipe was put in where Devils Arena was and the terrain park was moved to the bottom of Possum trail. That's all I ever saw out there last year in terms of special terrain.
Scott - DCSki Editor
October 29, 2003
1,249 posts
Hmm.. Not sure about past years -- they may have only had one terrain park last year. The plan this year (on the 2003-2004 printed brochure, but I don't think it's shown on their on-line trail map yet) is to have two terrain parks named "Savage I" and "Savage II," in addition to the Super Pipe.

The Savage Super Pipe is near Chair #1 and below Devil's Drop.

Savage One will be located on the far right side of the resort, to the right of the lower part of Possum.

Savage Two will be along the side of The Face, towards the bottom. Savage Two will have smaller hits and is designed for tricks and spinning, while Savage One is for catching some air.

They have a surface tow for both Savage One and Savage Two.

Scott - DCSki Editor
October 30, 2003
1,249 posts
Hi JR -- would you mind sending me an e-mail at scott@dcski.com? I'd like to quote you for a story, if you don't mind, but I need to get some details and permission from you. If you send me an e-mail I can give you some more details. Thanks!
JR
October 31, 2003
Member since 01/1/2003 🔗
276 posts
Cool, Thanks for the info Scott. I wonder why they aren't hyping this up on the website? All they talk about is the beginners program and triple chairs. The old pipe was in-ground so maybe they're just gonna move it back there (below Devils Drop and under Wisp Chair) and dig it a bit deeper.

Devils Drop, by the way, was KICKIN' this past winter. Really cool if you ever get a chance to do it after a fresh snow. Don't try it after that big snow/rain combo they get there a lot. They'll have it open with about 2 feet of snow on it and a nice crusty, slash your shins up layer on top.

Later

JR
October 31, 2003
Member since 01/1/2003 🔗
276 posts
oh, and i've always wondered why they didn't just have a mid station (actually about a 1/8 station) at the top of that old half pipe off wisp chair. You could ride the pipe, hop on the chair at the bottom and you'd be right back up there. They could put the terrain park on the open hill to the right of the pipe and then you could access the pipe and park with the Wisp Chair mid station. hmmm

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?