Princeton Sports in Columbia
3 posts
3 users
1k+ views
double_agent
December 2, 2005
Member since 10/27/2005 🔗
4 posts
I took a ride out there today to check out equipment since my old shop has "changed" I was really stoked by their selection and the staff was very knowledgable. Anyone else check them out ?
gatkinso
December 7, 2005
Member since 01/25/2002 🔗
316 posts
They are OK - I have gotten alot of moutain biking stuff there. For a strange reason that I cannot explain, most of the ski stuff from PS I have comes from their Falls Road store - the female staff there is pretty hot of that makes a difference.
tjburke
January 14, 2006
Member since 03/19/2005 🔗
8 posts
DA - I have been to a couple of their stores. They seem to carry a lot of stuff that the other shops do not (i.e. Head Boots) but they do carry a lot of the mainstream stuff. While they seem to have a good selection, I have not been impressed with their knowledge in the ski equipment arena. They have been great in biking gear, and in apparel, but I have found them to be a little less knowledgeable when it comes to ski construction, differentiation, and boot fitting.
I think I go to the same store that you went to that you say "changed" and while it was a little touch and go while they were going through the transition, I think the store in Arlington has really picked it back up. They know their stuff when it comes to skis, and boots, and they have some bootfitters there that are great.
Princeton - Overall a good shop, but since I have to pass like 3-4 other shops to get to one, I will not be going there anytime soon.
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.