7S trip report 10/20-10/23
7 posts
5 users
tromano
October 23, 2005
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
Hi All,

I just got back from a long weekend at the condo. On the way up there was heavy fog on 68 from cumberland to exit 22. Friday night we enjoyed a very decent seafood buffet at the oak room. The price ($38) isnt bad for all you can eat lobster and crab, the regular menu is alos available as well.

Saturday was dank as well and we didnt do much outside. I pikced up my season pass, smiled for the camera, and hung out at the lodge almost all day. Madline and I spend almost 4 hours trying on ski clothing at Willis wiht out buying a damn thing. Thats boredom folks. That nihgt was very colg upper 30s and there was high wind and driven rain. IT looked like there were a few bits of snow (maybe hail)that were trying to to form but it was hard to tell and probably too warm.

Sunday was much nicer. We took a long hike this morning and explored the new Yodeler trail. The trail is complete and the new grass in germinating. We walked about 1/2 way down the trail to the point wher eit intersects the t-neck glades. The snow cannons are in process of being installed on the left side and will provide a LOT of wind blown for the glades. T-Neck has also been well cleared and looks to be in great shape for the coming season. I will be enjoying that streacha lot I think.

On the way home we pickedup ou skis as Ski Center after getting a full tune. Ouch! I dont think those edges ahve been so sharp before! They will be ripping soon enough.

--
Tim
RobertW
October 23, 2005
Member since 10/14/2004 🔗
199 posts
Tim: Thanks for the update. Wanted to get up there this weekend for Autumnfest but work got in the way as usual. When I was up there a few weeks ago, the Turtleneck glades were not very clear toward the Turtleneck/Lost Girl trail (they were cleaned-up very nice adjacent to "Yodeler"). Did they get this area cleaned-up as well?

I think they did a very nice job of layout for this new trail, considering the limited amount of expandable acreage they have over there. Should be a lot of fun....

Robert
BushwackerinPA
October 23, 2005
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
Hey me and bunch of friends were there on saturday. By any chance you happen to see the group of 7 kids that piled in to one booth at the burger place? Yes that was us:)

Anyways it was nice to see the resort alive and buzzing. Autumn fest was in full swing, and i to hung out in willis for liek 2 hours in the afternoon
tromano
October 24, 2005
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
We didnt get a great look from lost girl as the ground was still super saturated and every step was basicly a mud puddle. The bottoms looked great and it is well cleared all the way down to near the bottom where it meets the green trail again. The bottom section could open with maybe 12 inches of snow plus whatever they get from the snow guns.

As I recall the top part of the trail (near LG) was not too bad the last time I was there and really looked arround closely (in august). I think a good once over with abrush trimmer will clear out any remaining brambles or whatever. In seasons past there were logs, and boulders and 4 ft high brambles in the entrance to thsi glade. These have been cleared from the top of T-neck. IMO, the entrance off of lost girl is much better than it was in seasons past and will easily be skiable if they get maybe a few feet of natural on there. I wish I had taken pictures. --Tim
wolverine
October 24, 2005
Member since 08/26/2005 🔗
113 posts
If you look at the top of the webcam on Phillips Run

http://www.7springs.com/mountaincams.shtml

you can see the construction at the Southwind site and if you use your imagination maybe a few flakes!
queenoftheslopes
October 24, 2005
Member since 11/15/2004 🔗
143 posts
Quote:

Hey me and bunch of friends were there on saturday. By any chance you happen to see the group of 7 kids that piled in to one booth at the burger place? Yes that was us:)

hmmmm, was it someone's b-day? Saw several booths packed with kids celebrating b-days.

It was nice to see so much activity there. It is a shame that Saturday was such a crappy day. I got some ideas for some new outerwear. Unfortunately all the stuff that fit the best and I liked the most cost over $300.
BushwackerinPA
October 24, 2005
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
haha no we are just bunch of freaks.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?