October 18, 2005
Member since 10/4/2001 🔗
259 posts
It is evil and consuming. It must be eliminated
Kris
October 18, 2005
Member since 03/15/2005 🔗
248 posts
All im gonna say is this should get some lively responses...
tromano
October 18, 2005
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
Down with the UNtopc!
fred
October 18, 2005
Member since 12/23/2004 🔗
59 posts
It's getting to cold for an UNTOPIC...besides the untopic blows...I'll trade my stars in to kill it.
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort
BushwackerinPA
October 18, 2005
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
Dont be a Hater

Untopic ForevAr!!
Crush
October 18, 2005
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,271 posts
OMG - it's just like being Jim Morrison of The Doors ... first you are loved but then "It's The End, My Friend" ... time to die in a bathtub in Paris I reckon .... I'm running the water now ...
JimK - DCSki Columnist
October 18, 2005
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts
Quote:

OMG - it's just like being Jim Morrison of The Doors ... first you are loved but then "It's The End, My Friend" ... time to die in a bathtub in Paris I reckon .... I'm running the water now ...

Speaking of Jim Morrison (I knew Crush and I had more in common than just skiing)... I had a flashback the other day when I saw the cohost (male) of Access Hollywood wearing a t-shirt with Jim Morrison and the Doors on it. Just like one I had back in the late '70's!? It even had black rings around the arm holes. How would you like to be skiing/riding in a blizzard with Riders on a Storm playing through your headphones? Or maybe skiing on a blazingly bright bluebird day at Mammoth with LA Women playing? Or maybe hammering some apres-ski brewskis with Roadhouse Blues playing? "woke up this morning and i got myself some powder.."
this is jimk trying to imitate Crush's inimitable stream of consciousness stylings.
BushwackerinPA
October 18, 2005
Member since 12/9/2004 🔗
649 posts
Quote:

Quote:

Speaking of Jim Morrison (I knew Crush and I had more in common than just skiing)... I had a flashback the other day when I saw the cohost (male) of Access Hollywood wearing a t-shirt with Jim Morrison and the Doors on it. Just like one I had back in the late '70's!? It even had black rings around the arm holes. How would you like to be skiing/riding in a blizzard with Riders on a Storm playing through your headphones? Or maybe skiing on a blazingly bright bluebird day at Mammoth with LA Women playing? Or maybe hammering some apres-ski brewskis with Roadhouse Blues playing? "woke up this morning and i got myself some powder.."
this is jimk trying to imitate Crush's inimitable stream of consciousness stylings.

most ironic post on this forum ever

it took the kill the untopic thread, and made it untopic.

The untopic will always win
hockeydave
October 19, 2005
Member since 06/30/2004 🔗
780 posts
Myrto... you may have just created the Untopic's evil twin brother
Ullr
October 19, 2005
Member since 11/27/2004 🔗
532 posts
I wish I had a brother. My sister doesn't ski that much anymore..................
jimmy
October 20, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
My sister doesn't ski, but my daughter does.........
warren
October 20, 2005
Member since 07/31/2003 🔗
485 posts
Jimmy,
Well, let's see. My daughter skis, my wife doesn't, my sister used to but I think it's been so long that she'd have to almost re-learn.

Long live the newly born Un-Topic. Every time you try to kill it, two more heads pop up!!

-Warren-
kwillg6
October 20, 2005
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
Thou shall not kill....
jimmy
October 20, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Kill is such a strong word. <tear> poor Myrto, even in self defense......it's just gotten sooo big it's harde to get your arms aroundit.....it's just, i don't know, hard for him to accept, probably never thought he'd be "consumed" by something other than making turns on a snow covered mountain. Six weeks to go.
POWPOW
October 20, 2005
Member since 05/10/2005 🔗
124 posts
i say mutilate,bend, fold, masacre, then KILL the untopic.
Especially after listing to the circle jerks famed song "killing for Jesus!"
Roger Z
October 20, 2005
Member since 01/16/2004 🔗
2,181 posts
Hey since Myrto was nice enough to start a new Untopic for us, perhaps we could ask Scott to open an Untopic discussion forum. I see this as a potential avenue to taking over the world, kind of like Microsoft but with lots of alcohol.
jimmy
April 26, 2006
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Here's the thing, I love the challenge of a sublime hijack, u know when you slip in a comment that on the surface seems to fit the discussion at hand, or technically is a hijack but isn't....maybe it tecnically isn't but it is, anyways it's so much fun to see how far off the topic we can go..........it's hard to focus on remaining off topic when there's so much fun to be had getting there, u no what i mean ?
Murphy
April 26, 2006
Member since 09/13/2004 🔗
618 posts
Jimmy I rarely no what topic you're on anyway so it's hard for me to tell when you hijack something.
fishnski
April 26, 2006
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
You can't hijack the willing!....Topsail beach,NC just aquired a small Marina thru Eminent Domain to build a PUBLIC boat ramp.They offered the owner 2 million which he accepted & then reneged on. Now Thousands upon thousands of people will have access to the area instead of just the 4 multi millionares who would have sealed it off forever....Ski resorts are like boat ramps,they give public access to the Mtns for the people.....Bring on "Almost Heaven"!...(This has been a sample of the untopic)
Roger Z
April 27, 2006
2,181 posts
Ah yes, because it's impossible to access the mountains unless we build a lift to it, or a highway. This reminds me of the time when my brother- then three years old- suggested that we cut down the trees so we can see the forest. Put on some hiking boots Andy and get your lazy a** up the hill already. It's there, why aren't you? Because there's no martini bar at the top?
fishnski
April 27, 2006
3,530 posts
Dear Mr.RogerZ "Meany",Why do you attack me in such a vicious manner my brother from another Mother? I'll have you know I'm a proud,Gay buisness man & none of my "clients" think I'm a LAZY ASS!! Anyway I'm willing to let bygones be bygones & would Luv for you to show me how to get up the mtn bigboy. Hiking with you & playing hide & seek with that big bad ole Farmer who will be trying to shoot us will be quite a turn on! Anyway, as a going away present I will not argue your point & instead wish you a heartfelt congradulations on your new adventure,the best of luck &.... ain't you left yet?...Come back & visit sweety!
Roger Z
April 27, 2006
2,181 posts
Andy, you gay pansy , you haven't lived until you've played "hide and seek" with a local farmer on his property. It's almost as fun as knocking on his front door and saying "Hi, I'm from the government and I'm hear to take your property."

Sorry Andy, I meant my last post half-jokingly. Didn't come out that way. No harm meant...
Crush
April 27, 2006
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,271 posts
.. eh? ....

OK I have not been skiing for a bit.

... eh?

I guess, fishy, you must be like Ford Prefect and Zaphod Beeblebrox and shared 2 or three Mothers. Well if thats what is going down on your home world whatever. Me ? if you can hook me up with Trillian that will do ... all sins forgiven!
jimmy
April 28, 2006
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Quote:

....Ski resorts are like boat ramps

Let us count the ways that ski resorts are like boat ramps:

1)
Quote:

they give public access to the Mtns for the people

2) Both have slippery slopes
tommo
April 28, 2006
303 posts
Quote:

Slightly changed....Let us count the ways that ski lifts are like boat ramps:

1) Both have slippery slopes

2) There's always a slow moving line at the best time of the day

3) The price to use just keeps going up and up even though the hill/lake/sea stays the same

4) We all think we need 4wd mega trucks to get there. Just in case

5) They attract way too many clueless people who don't get ready for their turn and then clog up the operation for everybody else

6) More and more of them are inaccessable to the unwashed mobs

7) In the off season, they just sit there seemingly abandoned

8) There's NEVER enough parking up really close

9) Conditions tend to get nasty at the end of the day

10) They're not the optimal place to be in a severe lightning storm
fishnski
April 28, 2006
3,530 posts
Its all fun Roger, Just glad I could suck(watch your mouth!) you down to my level for awhile....can't have any fun when you turn into ProffesorZ! You & the likes of Ibotta get to going & I just sit there & scratch my head(watch your mouth!)...speaking of scratching my head,I have 1 word for Crush....EH?...You must have felt some of my pain with boat ramps Tommo...Wuzzz Upp with you Jimmi? Just two comparisons? PS Roger you got it wrong..I want a Rum shack at the top..."a love shack"!

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?