New Canaan Valley Resort Website
7 posts
4 users
4k+ views
tgd
October 13, 2005
Member since 07/15/2004 🔗
585 posts
Canaan Valley has its new website up now. Pretty cool, definately a big improvement from the last one.

Canaan Valley Resort
Rickh
October 13, 2005
Member since 12/2/2004 🔗
165 posts
But, no web cam
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
October 13, 2005
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
They burried the trail map and it does not expand!! There should be a link to the map on the first page, along with the snow report.
tgd
October 13, 2005
585 posts
There appears to be a glitch in the webpage such that the "click to expand" isn't working. In my business we call that a "test in production". Anyway, you are right about the design - the link to the snow report should be right on the resort home page. Overall, I think they did a good job giving it an up-to-date look.
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
October 14, 2005
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
The look of the site is pretty good. I just question the choice of front-page links. Links to a trail map and snow report should be easy to find on the front page.
fred
October 14, 2005
Member since 12/23/2004 🔗
59 posts
It cracks me up that both TImberline and Canaan's Web sites have freestyle pictures on there "front page". Timberline even has a freestyle section. The funny thing is that neither of these mountains really seems to make terrain parks a priority yet they are cashing in on the popularity of them them for advertising. Hopefully this means they will be putting more emphasis on terrain parks in the valley; they need to catch up with the rest of the ski industry.

John this is my request- An article on freestyle "terrain parks" in the valley. I'd love to hear the plans of both of these resorts for the upcoming season. There have been lots of great articles on these two mountains, but terrain parks have never been discussed, yet they are a huge part of the industry. These mountains obviously Know there importance if they are key advertising points. Maybe some interviews with managers on the future of freestyle skiing and boarding at these resorts:)
tgd
October 14, 2005
585 posts
I don't know if it's reliable or just more advertising hype (with Tline's record you have to wonder), but if you check out the Timberline calendar of events, they are advertising "rail jams" starting January 7: "Rail Contest in the Terrain Park. Snowboard, Skis, and Telemark skiers welcome. For more information please contact Timberline Ski School." (quote from their website). In total, they have 5 rail jam events on the calendar.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?