Image Hosting for DCSki?
8 posts
6 users
bawalker
October 12, 2005
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
Hey all - Earlier today I was dabbling around a few thoughts as I was copying pictures from my camera. One of the things that came to mind was that *ALOT* of us on here like to take pictures of the slopes year round and like to post them. Plus if any of you all are like me, I nearly start drooling seeing the pictures posted. Even if people make issue over them like the Blue Knob ones, I still loved them none the less.

Anyway, I was wondering what everyone here thought about me possibly getting an image hosting solution together that would take care of this? Something that would be similiar to Webshots, but without the annoying ads. I would let the resolution go as high as possible unlike Yahoo that seems to limit things.

This is just the very early goings of my thinking. If this is something everyone is interested in, I will gladly run with the ball and see what I can do with it.

Brad
gatkinso
October 12, 2005
Member since 01/25/2002 🔗
316 posts
I would like a gallery or something, but it is all good.
bawalker
October 12, 2005
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
It would definately be a gallery or something very close.
Murphy
October 12, 2005
Member since 09/13/2004 🔗
618 posts
I'd appreciate having something like that.
Roger Z
October 12, 2005
Member since 01/16/2004 🔗
2,181 posts
Bring it on! Can we have a Moonshine Mountain "Untopic" gallery specifically?
bawalker
October 12, 2005
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
I *KNEW* that one was coming.

Actually I've found some really great software that I'm looking at what I can do with it to make this idea fly. Basically this idea if it works, would allow for any user to simply create an account/login, and have albums of pictures and would allow for easy uploading of pictures of any resolution to those albums. I'm thinking about possibly having the ability to sell images or maybe the user sell their images. I'm not sure, alot of those ideas are still far down the road as of yet, but the immediate goal would be to have a place for people to upload images of all sorts. Then take that link and post it in the forums here.

Just me doing my thinking outloud.
Scott - DCSki Editor
October 12, 2005
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,251 posts
I'll have an announcement about this sometime in the next few weeks.. Stay tuned.

- Scott (swamped, as usual.. Sigh.)
jimmy
October 12, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
ATTN SCOTT, ATTN SCOTT...Ski season is approaching, man u gotta claw your way outa the swamp......turns to be made...... while i have your ATTN, how u coming with those moonshine mountain teeshirts?j/k thanks for a great unseason

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?