First Tune
4 posts
3 users
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
September 21, 2005
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
I'll be taking my new Volkls in for their first tune and am wondering: is it safe to have them tuned at Timberline or Ski Barn in the Canaan Valley or should I drag them back to DC and have the experts at Ski Center do it?
tgd
September 21, 2005
Member since 07/15/2004 🔗
585 posts
I've never used Timberline, but we do use Ski Barn quite often and have been happy with the results. I would check to see if their regular ski tech is working there this time of year though.
kwillg6
September 21, 2005
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
I don't know who the ski tech is for the upcoming season at the Ski Barn. All I ever have done there is the bases stone ground when the get a little high. I do almost all of my tuning myself or when I want a race tune, I have my son do one. He's gotta do it quick cuz he's going to the Marines in a month. John, we have a secret ski tuning closet at NW if you happen to be in the area. You just need to get a key. We got vices and other assorted tools there which any homeowner is welcome to use.
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
September 21, 2005
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
Quote:

I don't know who the ski tech is for the upcoming season at the Ski Barn. All I ever have done there is the bases stone ground when the get a little high. I do almost all of my tuning myself or when I want a race tune, I have my son do one. He's gotta do it quick cuz he's going to the Marines in a month. John, we have a secret ski tuning closet at NW if you happen to be in the area. You just need to get a key. We got vices and other assorted tools there which any homeowner is welcome to use.

Sounds like a good deal Kim, but I think I will leave my skis to the experts, at least for this year. Did your son join the Corps for the military ski ticket discounts at Timberline?

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.