14 posts
10 users
2k+ views
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
September 18, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Scott and all DCSKIERS,
Just a reminder that we need to contribute to the continued health of this site. AND FOR ALL THE NEWER MEMBERS:
DCSki has a store and one of the items is a DCSki lapel pin which can be yours "free" with a $20 (I think) contribution to the website. These pins are quite useful for identifying fellow DCSkiers on the slopes and in the lodges.
Scott, have you thought of any new items for this year that might make it easer for members to be identified...we know names and posting styles, but faces are rarely known. How about some sort of bib or cap?
Any of my fellow DCSkiers have any ideas?
The Colonel
tgd
September 18, 2005
Member since 07/15/2004 🔗
585 posts
How about "Save the Whales" and "Plow the Whales" bumper stickers? Whatever suits your fancy.
Swimmer
September 19, 2005
Member since 02/3/2005 🔗
143 posts
uhhhmmm........isn't it "ante up"? I get the impression you're drumming up support for the site...not leading a protest against the establishment (anti)

sorry for being a spelling geek but it just stands out so much

Steve
Roger Z
September 19, 2005
Member since 01/16/2004 🔗
2,181 posts
No, no Steve, you're reading it wrong. It's

"Time to Anti-UP, for DCSki!

Support FY05-06 Ski Year."

I'm not really sure who or what UP is, but if whatever it is if opposed to the FY05-06 ski year, I will be sure to do my part and "anti" it.

Possible "UP"- Upper Peninsula? Unexpected puerilepowder? Ugly Pforecasts? Uptight Petunias? Or perhaps... Unaccessible Powder!
snowcone
September 19, 2005
Member since 09/27/2002 🔗
589 posts
Do we have a link for this? Last year Scott had a link that allowed us to ante up via PayPal.
So .. where do we do this?

Possible new stuff ... what about DCSki bumper stickers? .. or, my favorite .. maybe a DCSki EURO sticker?
warren
September 19, 2005
Member since 07/31/2003 🔗
485 posts
Snowcone,
There already is a DCSki bumper sticker. Go to the DCSki store Here to find it. Also, This page will allow you to contibute for the 05/06 season.

-Warren-
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
September 19, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Swimmer,
You got me. I was not even thinking, nor did I check in dictionary. Spell check says "anti up" is ok, but you are right.
I surrender and ask forgiveness,
The Colonel
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
September 20, 2005
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts
Last year I ordered DCSki stickers. Never got them, although I was charged. Several emails to the company produced no response. Bah Humbug!
Scott - DCSki Editor
September 20, 2005
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts
Quote:

Last year I ordered DCSki stickers. Never got them, although I was charged. Several emails to the company produced no response. Bah Humbug!

Hi Denis,

This is the first time I have heard of a problem with CafePress. Did you contest the charge with your credit card company? Has anyone else had trouble with CafePress? (CafePress is the company that makes t-shirts, stickers, etc.) If anyone has trouble dealing with CafePress, please let me know so I can investigate. Denis -- please send me an e-mail letting me know what you ordered. Or, if you still have an e-mail confirming the order from CafePress, please forward that my way. I'd be happy to contact CafePress and see what I can do. You can get my e-mail address at http://www.dcski.com/about/contact.php

Thanks,

- Scott
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
October 5, 2005
2,337 posts
I ordered some more stickers and got them this time. I am willing to disregard the first attempt as a problem with the mail, or just Murphy's Law.

I would have posted this sooner but I was in Denver last week on business. I did go out early on the weekend of Sep. 24 and managed to make 16 turns on an old suncupped snowfield at Rollins Pass. I also hiked to 14,260 ft. on another day. I will post some pics, time permitting.
nakedskier
October 7, 2005
Member since 02/3/2005 🔗
93 posts
Where is this snowpack?! I need to find it before any of the resorts open so I can get my ski on! I completed my first 14'er the other weekend too, tough stuff! And I thought Vail altitude was hard....
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
October 8, 2005
2,337 posts
Quote:

Where is this snowpack?! I need to find it before any of the resorts open so I can get my ski on! I completed my first 14'er the other weekend too, tough stuff! And I thought Vail altitude was hard....

Assuming you live a couple thousand miles away, like I do, you have to do some birddogging. Notice the name I gave, Rollins Pass. Go to google, enter Rollins Pass, CO, and get a hundred or so hits. Start reading. There is some nice historical info, and then this on page 2.
http://www.summitpost.org/show/mountain_link.pl/mountain_id/5245

I also get a lot of info on ski sites, like telemarktips.com and the skiVT list. Pay attention, ask questions, etc., and you build up your data base.
jimmy
October 8, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Quote:

Scott and all DCSKIERS,
Just a reminder that we need to contribute to the continued health of this site. AND FOR ALL THE NEWER MEMBERS:
DCSki has a store and one of the items is a DCSki lapel pin which can be yours "free" with a $20 (I think) contribution to the website. These pins are quite useful for identifying fellow DCSkiers on the slopes and in the lodges.
Scott, have you thought of any new items for this year that might make it easer for members to be identified...we know names and posting styles, but faces are rarely known. How about some sort of bib or cap?
Any of my fellow DCSkiers have any ideas?
The Colonel

The Colonel, Everyone busted ur spelling, we're not playing poker here, and skirted the question, borderline UNTOPIC (c) material! While we're off the subject, First Tracks, Way to go, Denis in the Backcountry .......sorry (shameless).

So Scott, let's assume supporters want more choices than pins....they're really a nice piece but i've got some already......what might $$$20 or 30 bucks$$$ get as a choice to the pin deal this year? Moonshine Mountain Tee shirt anyone .!
snowcone
October 11, 2005
Member since 09/27/2002 🔗
589 posts
... maybe unique pole streamers?

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.