Dolly Sods
5 posts
4 users
Volleyball3
March 18, 2003
Member since 01/28/2003 🔗
9 posts
Does anyone know how the sods are right now? The roads especially- including the one that goes through Laneville. My friend's car got stuck up there during the state of emergency in Feb, and we haven't been able to get it out since... at least not until this weekend, and we're gonna try to shovel it out somehow... Thanks
JohnL
March 18, 2003
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
I wonder how many of our friendly furry creatures have made their home in the engine compartment of your friend's car? On one vacation, I returned to find that some varmit had made a nice comfortable nest on the top of my engine block. Better dig out the car before the bears start waking up!
(Anonymous)
March 24, 2003
I was up there yesterday. We went up from the Seneca Rocks side up Jordan Run. We made it to the Red Creek Campground gate which is still locked. We tried to go left towards Lanesville and got stuck in a drift for a bit. Had a shovel and dug out and turned around. There are still some 4-8 ft
drifts up there on the road and surrounding area.
canaanman
March 24, 2003
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
358 posts
Wow, I wouldn't have expected there to be much snow left in the Sods, based on what is on the ground in the Valley and at Timberline.

Interesting, I'll have to get up there sometime before this month is over.

Volleyball3
March 27, 2003
Member since 01/28/2003 🔗
9 posts
Thanks for the info. My friend got his car out just fine... apparently there was no digging of snow necessary. And no, thankfully, there were no creatures in the engine... at least that I know of.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?