Last Call, March 23
6 posts
5 users
1k+ views
twin58
March 12, 2003
Member since 04/1/2000 🔗
198 posts
That's what I heard from a staffer at Whitetail yesterday. Going clockwise, from green to blue to black, the snow gets crunchier and crunchier, but there's still lots of it. The slopes were absolutely wide open last night.

I'm sure that it had already closed by this date last year.

chuckie
March 12, 2003
Member since 12/29/1999 🔗
77 posts
I wonder if LIBERTY also intends to close on the 23rd as well? I'd realy like to see DCSKI track the closing dates on a daily basis (too much work no doubt).

It's not saying much that they were closed by this time last season, as last season's snow was pathetic.

I'm trying to ride Friday, Saturday and Sunday this week, we'll see if the weather holds out.

o.k., so after the 23rd it's SNOWSHOE and WISP.

BTW, MOUNTAINCREEK in NJ just extended their season, as SNOWSHOE is also an INTRAWEST resort in the reigon, I wonder if they will too?

johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
March 12, 2003
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
Timberline and Wisp will be open until 6 April. Snowshoe and 7 Springs close on 13 April.
MichaelB
March 13, 2003
Member since 11/20/2000 🔗
61 posts
I talked to several staff at Whitetail last Monday and they said they had been notified that they would stay open until March 30. The skiing is phenomenal. Bring lots of sunscreen.
Otto
March 13, 2003
Member since 11/19/1999 🔗
176 posts
I would guess that Lib, Whitetail, Roundtop will close on the 23rd. Even at Whitetail, which gets killed by the sun, there is plenty of snow. If anybody I work for or with knows what the closing date is yet, I certainly haven't heard. Maybe we will go to March 30!

Attendance will be the limiting factor this year. If you like spring skiing, vote for it by going to your local mountain.

Liberty closed on April 1 in 1994! I went to Utah in late March, came back and skied Pennsylvania!

[This message has been edited by Otto (edited 03-13-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Otto (edited 03-13-2003).]

chuckie
March 18, 2003
Member since 12/29/1999 🔗
77 posts
Hey everybody, I rode LIBERTY both Saturday and Sunday this weekend and the snow coverage is still excellent!

Seriously the only spot that looks troubling is the rail in the park and the bunny hill, other than that most of the runs have a fantastic base left.

I was wondering if anyone know the "real" conditions at WISP or SNOWSHOE, and how do you think the conditions will be the weekend of the 29th or April 6th? Oh yeah, and I was wondering if the SILVERCREEK runs will remain open longer than originaly stated? Thanx...

Wax heavily-ride often.

[This message has been edited by chuckie (edited 03-18-2003).]

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.