Video Cameras on the slopes
4 posts
4 users
1k+ views
Tick
August 24, 2005
Member since 05/27/2005 🔗
41 posts
Anyone out there have suggestions about what kind of video camera works good for taking skiing footage? I'm looking obviously for something that can take a bit of a shock, has a good zoom, and small but with controls big enough to use with a golve on.
MM_Lisa
September 26, 2005
Member since 03/8/2005 🔗
3 posts
Hi Tick! We use a Sony TRV-33. My husband recently aquired a helmet cam to go along with it. It is much easier with the helmet cam since you don't have to keep taking the camera out! We have found that the sony camera takes a beating pretty well. I do take off my glove to film though.
Kris
September 29, 2005
Member since 03/15/2005 🔗
248 posts
I have that same camera...Havent tried it on the slopes yet...i was too afraid i would wipe out hard and break it...The helmet cam seems like a good idea...Can you point me in the right direction on where to get one of those...i wouldnt even know where to start...
SeaRide
September 29, 2005
Member since 03/11/2004 🔗
237 posts
I use the old Sony TRV730 and the helmet-camera along with remote control to turn it on, off, pause, record etc.

I got the helmet camera from www.helmetcamera.com long time ago. Their products have improved over the years.

I have use it for kayaking, mt biking, and snowboarding.
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?