6 posts
5 users
1k+ views
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
June 23, 2005
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
Quote:

SNOWBIRD, Utah (AP)- The skiing is still good high in the Wasatch range, where Snowbird resort is marking its longest season in more than three decades of operation - two months after other Utah ski resorts called it quits.

The snow was pasty and a little sticky with temperatures hitting the 60s Thursday, but there's still plenty of it - about eight feet on the upper mountain.

http://www.4utah.com/local_news/local_he...72-CFF78A897C4C
Crush
June 23, 2005
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,271 posts
. err yeah that is the press version. I am not going to ski this weekend last Sat. was my last day ... the skiing off Hidden Peak was decent but it took me 40+ minutes to get down to base with all the skiing- then take off my skis to walk 100 yrd .. ski a ribbon 4 feet wide .. take skis off again and hike through brush .... put skis on again and ski another ribbon .. ski over running streams of water and snow bridges .. it is the end but it was an amazing season!
Roy
June 24, 2005
Member since 01/11/2000 🔗
609 posts
I really like the fact that we have agents all over to give us the real scoop.
jimboc
June 24, 2005
Member since 03/30/2004 🔗
260 posts
man coverage sure looks good from the webcam / photos on the web site....
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
June 24, 2005
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
Quote:

. err yeah that is the press version. I am not going to ski this weekend last Sat. was my last day ... the skiing off Hidden Peak was decent but it took me 40+ minutes to get down to base with all the skiing- then take off my skis to walk 100 yrd .. ski a ribbon 4 feet wide .. take skis off again and hike through brush .... put skis on again and ski another ribbon .. ski over running streams of water and snow bridges .. it is the end but it was an amazing season!

DCSki seems to be reaching people further afield. That's truly awesome because we need feedback from people who ski regularly at the big Western venues! Thanks Crush for being a great "far-flung correspondent." You are our Snowbird bureau chief.
tromano
June 24, 2005
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
Still skiing in (almost) july? Ok this is nuts... I like it.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.