5 posts
3 users
4k+ views
Kris
June 12, 2005
Member since 03/15/2005 🔗
248 posts
Is this resort still open???

I know they reopened it for what...2003 or 2004 or something...They gonna be open this year?
How many trails...It cant be very steep or difficult for that matter...Wheeling isnt all that mountainous...
jimmy
June 13, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Oglebay Skiing
Hey Kris, They did in fact re-open for the 04/05 season. New triple chair lift, pretty good snowmaking setup. The ski area is on a driving range, not much vertical, reminds me of the beginners area at Canaan Valley. They are in it for the long haul. Five minutes from my house, skied there once last season. Oglebay is a great resort, their ski area is more of an ammenity than a ski destination. They did see about 10,000 skiers this year, good place to learn. I think the ski industry needs more places like this to get people involved in the sport.
bawalker
June 13, 2005
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
Me and my cousin wanted to go there this year, but our schedules could never work out right. He's a DJ at the KISS FM station there in wheeling.
Kris
June 13, 2005
Member since 03/15/2005 🔗
248 posts
Jimmy...

You happen to know how many trails they have...maybe a trail map? I couldnt find one on the web page...I have a few friends that wont get off the bunny slopes at CV...Maybe we could take them up to Oglebay and let them experience a longer steeper run than the bunnys...
Dont know if it would be worth it or not...I mean spend 15/20 bucks for a lift ticket and 15 bucks for rentals...I could go to TL for not much more...
jimmy
June 13, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Kris, I probably should have gotten some pictures this winter for the good of the board..o well mebbe next year. Picture the beginners area @ canaan, it sort of looks like a triangle. Oglebay is about the same size but there are no trees, a treeless snow bowl . I'd think that unless u had another reason to be in Wheeling, you all would be disappointed.

Brad- Not sure if Ohio County is ready for the invaders from Hardy County. May happen if all those DCers take your county over. Maybe we can open the underground railroad back up and sneak you in!
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?