Red or white?
6 posts
5 users
1k+ views
jimmy
June 9, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
OK, wojo says in another thread "there's no such thing as bad spaghetti". Maybe this has nothing to do with skiing, maybe it has everything to do with it. All i know is that a ski trip that has cooking involved isn't complete unless someone cooks pasta.

So come on, let's share some favorite pasta dishes, red or white, vegan or not, hot or cold it's all goood.
Roger Z
June 9, 2005
Member since 01/16/2004 🔗
2,181 posts
My buddy Dan makes this sauce called "arrabiata," which is Italian for angry. It is EXCELLENT- splatters everywhere when you're cookin' it and is chalk full of red pepper. Kills taste buds, brain cells, and colds all at once. Unfortunately, I have the cooking skills of a bachelor (if it involves more than one ingredient and can't be baked or grilled, forget it), so I can't do it myself. I do like spices however, and enjoy making up "clear" sauces for my pasta- usually involves olive oil, a little vinegar and number of other spices (the usual Italian ones plus a dash of whatever smells good that night).

But really, any pasta with a red wine is fine, fine, fine.

Jimmy, this thread should really be about red or white WINE. With that, I have to say red wine every time, except for Pinot Grigio's from British Columbia. Other than that, I LOVE the buzz from red wine. Can't be beat.
Roy
June 10, 2005
Member since 01/11/2000 🔗
609 posts
Pick your pasta and cook it (linguine works well).

Cook ground beef in a big skillit. Chop up an andouille sausage and add to the skillit (am I spelling skillit right?). Once the meat browns, drain the grease and put back in the skillit.

Add a little salt, Nigerian Cayenne pepper, and Chili Powder. Stir and make sure to mix the spices with the meat. Then add your choice of easy sauce (Parmalat Marinara, crushed tomatoes, whichever gives you the tomato sauce). Drain a can of black beans and add to mixture. Finely chop some onions and diced tomatoes and add. Bring to a bubble and then let simmer for a half hour.

I'd be thrown right out of Italy for this recipe but it works great for a ski meal.
jimmy
June 10, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Quote:

Jimmy, this thread should really be about red or white WINE. With that, I have to say red wine every time, except for Pinot Grigio's from British Columbia. Other than that, I LOVE the buzz from red wine. Can't be beat.

OK Yeah, wine.....had a buddy in college that was really into red italian wines, called all white wines "fish wine". Me, i like 97 (when i can find it) Chateau st Jean C/S and a churchhill port w/dessert and/or cigar. Wifey seems to think 01 was a good year for western chardonay. My Uncle Mario makes a C/S that will kick your a$$, really smooth, smoky and sneaky. Homegrown can be the best sometimes .

edit to add that here we go again, the friday afternoon alcohol discussion.
wojo
June 11, 2005
Member since 01/17/2005 🔗
333 posts
Back to Spaghetti.
Brown hamburger, open Ragou, empty in pan, eat

cheers,
wojo
Murphy
June 11, 2005
Member since 09/13/2004 🔗
618 posts
Nobody make better spaghetti than my mom (100% italian). Chicken, pork roast and italian sausage cooking all day in a red "gravy". Make you wanna smack your mamma.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.