Upcoming Ski Swaps...
9 posts
7 users
4k+ views
bawalker
June 2, 2005
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
I'm starting this thread as a way for those who know about Ski Swaps in the Mid-Atlantic region to post dates, times, and places. Personally I can't live without a ski swap for finding great equipment. So with that being said, where are any ski swaps happening this summer?

Advertise them here!
Ullr
June 6, 2005
Member since 11/27/2004 🔗
532 posts
Since the Ski Chalet swaps are no more, I guess the only two left that I know about are the Ski Center in Midlothian VA, and Ski World in VA Beach. Both will happen around towards the beginning of Oct.
therusty
June 6, 2005
Member since 01/17/2005 🔗
422 posts
There should be a swap at the DC Ski show (early November) in the Capital Expo center. Whitetail will hold a swap as part of the Whitetail Festival (October). Profit (Leesburg) and Alpine (Sterling and Oakton) also hold annual swaps in the Sept-Oct timeframe.
snowcone
June 6, 2005
Member since 09/27/2002 🔗
589 posts
The SkiCenter in DC generally holds a swap of sorts in the fall. I dont remember the dates off hand, but I think it is in October. Best bet is to check their web site ... www.skicenter.com .. starting in September.
ski93
June 6, 2005
Member since 02/9/2005 🔗
1 posts
Ski Center in Washington, DC is having their ski swap on Sunday, October 30. It's usually the biggest one in the DC area.
Glenn_C
June 6, 2005
Member since 11/14/2004 🔗
67 posts
The DC Ski Center also sells used, off-lease and demo skis in the off season dirt cheap. I got a nice pair of Fischer Sceneo XTR's w/ bindings, with a great edge tune for $139 last summer for my oldest son. Some great finds if you don't mind having someone else breaking your skis in for you--most are in very good shape and make for awesome early season skis for skiing the thin cover areas.
comprex
June 6, 2005
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts
Alpine Ski shop in Sterling, VA
Pro-Fit ski&skate in Leesburg, VA (usually 2 swap dates)
Ski Haus in Glen Burnie, MD
Ski Racket in Olney, MD
all should have swaps; the ski patrollers would know?

I'm mostly planning to sell this year.
comprex
June 6, 2005
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts
Quote:

The DC Ski Center also sells used, off-lease and demo skis in the off season dirt cheap.

Ya, usually the best deals at this one are goods from the shop.
bawalker
June 7, 2005
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
For those closer to my area, Ski & Skate in Harrisonburg, VA will hold a ski swap in November about 2-3 weeks before Snowshoe opens, as well as Instant Replay Sports normally holding a swap in Winchester, VA around the same timeframe.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.