More pictures of Blue Knob
5 posts
2 users
Mountain Masher
April 20, 2005
Member since 03/13/2004 🔗
541 posts
Here are some more pictures of Blue Knob including photos of a large clear-cut located on BK State Park land near the summit of the mountain (between BK ski area's tubing park and the beginners slope). The link is: http://community.webshots.com/album/327196437lRUZof I might add that I hiked some of BK's conventional (non-gladed) ski slopes today. And I found what I would consider to be horrific erosion. I will post pictures of my hike soon, as there have been a number of DCSki members who would like to see more pictures of BK's conventional ski slopes. By the way, did anyone notice the recent article in the Washington Post that named Pennsylvania's Susquehanna River as the most polluted river in the nation and the greatest threat to the Chesapeake Bay? Blue Knob sets within the Susquehanna watershed.
RobertW
April 20, 2005
Member since 10/14/2004 🔗
199 posts
Hey MM: Your link does not seem to work. Can you re-post?
Mountain Masher
April 21, 2005
541 posts
RobertW, I re-typed the link (in my post) a couple of times and now it seems to work; thanks for letting me know that it wasn't working.
RobertW
April 21, 2005
Member since 10/14/2004 🔗
199 posts
The pictures you post just keep getting worse. I have not been to BK in years...this is nothing like I remember it. Ugggh. Would be very interested in seeing the what the slopes look like.
Mountain Masher
April 22, 2005
541 posts
RobertW, I'll have some pictures of the conventional ski slopes at BK (that were taken on 4-20 and 4-21) available (on the net) by early next week.
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.