Which resort
6 posts
6 users
1k+ views
Freeskier112389
April 4, 2005
Member since 10/7/2004 🔗
14 posts
Next year i well be getting a season pass in the mid-atlantic. I'm looking for a resort to make day trips to. I live in manassas. I want to find the resort with the best terrain and a good terrain park. I was thinking ski liberty or roundtop maybe even blue knob?
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
April 4, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
You might want to consider Wintergreen or Massanutten!
The Colonel
LordHedgie
April 4, 2005
Member since 12/1/2004 🔗
49 posts
Depends how far you want to drive.

Liberty, Roundtop, and Whitetail all fall under the same season pass, so you don't need to debate between 'em. (Having said that, buy your pass from the resort you intend to visit most, because you may get some special bennies, like reserved parking at that resort).

I wouldn't do Blue Knob personally, since that's quite a drive from your house. You may want to put serious thought in a VA resort....
Ullr
April 4, 2005
Member since 11/27/2004 🔗
532 posts
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

to Massanutten!!!!!!
snowcone
April 5, 2005
Member since 09/27/2002 🔗
589 posts
I don't do parks, but from what my uneducated eye can see, the best in the region are at Snowshoe with Snow Time resorts coming in second.

Snowshoe is about 4 hours from Manassas via Corridor H, and Liberty/Whitetail are 1.5 to 2.5 hours depending on traffic. IMHO, Snowshoe early purchase season pass is about the best bang for your buck ranging from 215 to 377 depending ... see http://snowshoemtn.com/hotdeals.html. Snow Time season pass for Liberty/Whitetail/Roundtop is in the 400-450 range if I remember correctly.

We usually purchase Snowshoe passes along with Snow Time Advantage cards [gives 40% off lift tickets] for our MidA skiing and always end up ahead for the season .. even a short one like this year.
warren
April 5, 2005
Member since 07/31/2003 🔗
485 posts
Snowcone,
That's exactly what I do as well I got an unlimited day/night season pass for me and my daughter for $600.00 when I bought it via the early-bird deal. They more than paid for themselves just during our christmas break trip I also get the Advantage cards from Whitetail although this year, I only made it there twice

-Warren-

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.