Wintergreen holding a Wicked SnowParty on April 2
4 posts
4 users
1k+ views
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
March 25, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
http://www.wintergreenresort.com/activities/calendar.asp#april Read all about it, Wintergreen holding an awesome park part on April 2...now this is something. Wicked, Huge Park Party. This is one wicked party! For one day only, Saturday, April 2, Wintergreen will have the biggest, terrain park in the East!! Since there is such an abundance of snow this year, we are turning the entire Dobie slope into one huge mega-terrain park with ten rails, four gap jumps, two table tops, two hip-hit spines, a vert wall, and the infamous Volkswagen bug rail. There will also be some water hazzards and a pond-skimming contest. This is going to be waaaay cool and something you do not want to miss. We have never done this before and may not ever be able to do it again. Everyone must get a lift ticket, but there are special low rates. $20 per person for all ages. If you have a 2004-05 Season Pass, you will get a $10 discount. Not for beginners. No equipment rentals available at the resort.
The Colonel
JimK - DCSki Columnist
March 25, 2005
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,963 posts
That's a really cool idea and nice way to end a slightly erratic season that finished strongly.
Dobie is the main drag at Wintergreen and served by their newer six-pack.
SkiBumMSP
March 25, 2005
Member since 12/8/2004 🔗
224 posts
Quote:

For one day only, Saturday, April 2, Wintergreen will have the biggest, terrain park in the East!! Since there is such an abundance of snow this year, we are turning the entire Dobie slope into one huge mega-terrain park with ten rails, four gap jumps, two table tops, two hip-hit spines, a vert wall, and the infamous Volkswagen bug rail. There will also be some water hazzards and a pond-skimming contest. This is going to be waaaay cool and something you do not want to miss.

Hey, I may have to go check this one out. Although I typically don't do terrain parks, but this does sound like fun. I may have to wear my swimming suit and bring a change of clothes. Call me crazy, but I've always wanted to try that pond-skimming bit. May have to bring my "rock" skis to this (my old Volkl Carver Motions - don't want to "trash" my Supersport 5-Stars)

Also, long-range weather forcasts call for it to get into the seventies going into next week!
camp
March 26, 2005
Member since 01/30/2005 🔗
660 posts
Quote:

Wintergreen holding an awesome park part on April 2..

Is this a terrain park ONLY kinda thing? Or will the rest of the slopes be open too? I need one more fix, and it doesn't look I'm gettin' it this weekend.

And, is it $20 on top of a lift ticket? Or, is that the ticket price for the day? I couldn't tell from their page.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?