4 users
2k+ views
bawalker
March 23, 2005
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
The Dolly Sods Forrestry service camera is back and aligned once again:

http://www.fsvisimages.com/doso1/doso1.html#

This is an email reply I got back from the forrestry service that I had sent last December:

Quote:

Thank you for your interest in the Dolly Sods Visibility camera.

The camera system at Dolly Sods was replaced in December. At that time the alignment was re-established in a slightly Off position. To realign the camera requires two people to visit this remote site and climb a 60'
tower. This procedure was delayed due to clear weather viewing and
safety conditions climbing the tower. However, the site was realigned
this week.

Hope you enjoy the remainder of the ski season. Looks like good snow.

Kristi Savig
Web site contact for FSVISIMAGES.com

johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
March 23, 2005
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
I heard that they were getting too many hits from skiers so they realigned the camera so the ski slopes would no longer be visible. Is that true?
jimmy
March 23, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
I dunno, I just checked the cam and it says that the current image is not available. Nice they got it fixed in time for us to watch the season come to an end.
Rickh
April 1, 2005
Member since 12/2/2004 🔗
165 posts
It is back up and moved slightly to the left. Before you could clearly see Canaan's ski area but couldn't see TLine. Now Tline is clearly visable!!
bawalker
April 1, 2005
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
Rickh - Actually a year ago the camera was aimed directly at Canaan and TLine in that you could fully see TLine. The forrestry service installed a new cam in Nov/Dec and it wasn't aligned up properly and they couldn't recorrect it back to the left until spring hit. Regardless thats my favorite camera

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?