Ski Roundtop
3 posts
3 users
1k+ views
(Anonymous)
January 10, 2003
I am thinking about heading to Ski Roundtop on a Saturday in January or February for my kids (ages 7 and 9) to try out skiing. Anyone have any comments on:
1- how crowded Ski Roundtop is on weekends?
2- how the beginner slopes (primarily the bunny hill) are?
Thanks
Otto
January 11, 2003
Member since 11/19/1999 🔗
176 posts
With the exception of Martin Luther King or President's Day weekend, which will be crowded, it is difficult to predict. If there is snow on the ground, expect more people. If the weather is nice, ditto.

Roundtop, Liberty and Whitetail all have nice beginner areas. Whitetail's is perhaps the largest and the flattest.

finsoutoc
January 13, 2003
Member since 09/30/2003 🔗
172 posts
i ride roundtop at least 4 times a week and i will say that if you wnat to come on a weekend, by far, your best bet is sunday morning. get there at 7:30 and it will be fairly uncrowded until about 10:00. saturdays are a disaster with the princeton ski trip every saturday am. that must be a nice way for parents to dump their kids on someone else for a day ive been highly critical of RT on this board, but one thing they do well is beginners. they have 3 beginner slopes with 2 lifts. of the 3 aras, RT will be the least crowded. whitetail faces south so the snow can get really ugly (icy) and usually does most of the time.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.