Question about Blue Knob
3 posts
3 users
Ullr
March 10, 2005
Member since 11/27/2004 🔗
532 posts
My wife and I were thinking of going to Blue Knob next week after the next round of snow showers. She read on goski.com that Blue Knob is not very good. Could any "locals" offer any insight? I wanted to go just because I have never been and I am afraid it will be closed soon.
tromano
March 10, 2005
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
I have a feelign BK will be good this weekend. It is a steep expert oriented hill with narrow winding trails and a heart of ice. They need a generous ammount of natural snow to really shine. Yea it stinks 90% of the time when it wind blown ice, but int he spring when it softens up or when there is fresh snow it's really great. I suggest you give it a try... If you wnat to ski the glades consider a rental ski. Conditiosn probbably won't be this good again until this time next year.
JimK - DCSki Columnist
March 10, 2005
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,989 posts
Check out the various user comments in DCSki resort profile section:
http://www.dcski.com/resorts/viewprofile.php?resort=blueknob
BK is sort of a love/hate type place. Thrill seekers like it, groomer seekers don't as much. It can be cold and difficult, but Mambo Alley usually provides a nice long run for low to mid level intermediates. Right now it's in about as good shape as it's been all season. Go for it.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?