Denis - DCSki Supporter 
March 8, 2005
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,345 posts
andy
March 8, 2005
Member since 03/6/2004 🔗
175 posts
Thats telling them buddy!! NE is a little to cold & its a little to high out west...WV & the mid atl highlands are just right!
kwillg6
March 8, 2005
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,070 posts
Aw, man! Now everybody's gonna know what we have known and have tried to keep secret.
JohnL
March 8, 2005
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,562 posts
Denis,

It was great skiing with you and Tim on Sunday. The location of the low-hanging choice fruit is permanently etched in my mind.

If Timberline ever needs help removing some debris in the woods, I bet I could find several volunteers ...
JohnL
March 8, 2005
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,562 posts
Jarret is a future tree adventurer. I predict he'll be moving either north or west once he graduates.

Tim and I had some fun explorations with Bill (wgo) on Saturday.
tromano
March 8, 2005
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
These darn midatlantic skiers, give 'em 1000 vert of pristine packed powder and you still can't keep 'em on piste.

I had an absolute blast on both saturday and sunday in the trees. I would have never had the gumption to go in there alone, some of those sections were awfully tight. But with a few more experienced powder hounds leading the way how could I say no? It was a total blast. Thanks to JohnL, Dennis and WGO for leading the way. Jarret seemed like a natural tree skier as well. I predict more out of bounds mischief if we ever have another DCSki gahtering.

Its a hard call for next weekend... Blueknob and Extrovert or back to T-line? Hmmm...

Side bar: Someone said in an earlier thread that there is a difference between Tree Skiing and Glade skiing. I think I am beginning to understand the difference.
ski_guy_59
March 8, 2005
Member since 11/9/2001 🔗
221 posts
Thanks for the compliments guys! It was a lot of fun. Hopefully in the next few days I"ll get caught up on everything and finish my article.
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
March 8, 2005
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,345 posts
It was great fun. When you get a group energy thing going like that it is special. Thanks guys.
wgo
March 9, 2005
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,668 posts
I'm sorry that I wasn't able to stay for sunday and meet everyone else, but saturday still was a blast. And I'm gonna be out of town on non-skiing activities the next two weekends, darn it, but the rest of you all get out there and take adavantage of these conditions!

As far as volunteering to clear out some glades at Tline over the summer, I would be up for that. If we formed a group and approached Tline Mgmt do you think they would let us?
tromano
March 9, 2005
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
I have to pile on with support for a glade clearing project. I have expereince with a chain saw and have done a very little work on other trail clearing operations. Albeit for hiking trails not ski trails. --Tim
kennedy
March 9, 2005
Member since 12/8/2001 🔗
792 posts
Glades and tree runs are a blast. One of my instructors from way back taught us how to ride tree lines to find the good powder. It was awesome. All these cool little stashes of knee and thigh deep snow begging to be slashed. I haven't done it in a while though, the snow around here just never seems deep enough.
kwillg6
March 9, 2005
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,070 posts
!

As far as volunteering to clear out some glades at Tline over the summer, I would be up for that. If we formed a group and approached Tline Mgmt do you think they would let us?

If a group were to approach t-line and offer FREE work doing say, clearing out cherry bowl, I doubt if they would say no. It would take some effort, but would be paid back ten fold after a 30" powder dump.... E-mail me and I will tell you who, what, when, and where, with the management.
bawalker
March 9, 2005
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
MEMEMEMEME!!!!!!

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?