Where to purchase boots?
5 posts
3 users
1k+ views
(Anonymous)
January 7, 2003
Hi all, just moved to the area and am not too familiar with where to head for new equipment. I need to buy new boots. Can anyone recommend which place is the best to go to out of the 3: ski chalet, ski center or pro-fit? Thanks in advance.
(Anonymous)
January 7, 2003
Sorry - should have posted this in the equipment forum.
DC_Skier
January 7, 2003
Member since 01/2/2003 🔗
56 posts
I have bought boots at both Ski Chalet and Ski Center and I would never go back to Chalet. Call Ski Center and ask for Brian Beaumont or Boyd McHugh and make an appointment to stop by. Its better to go when they aren't busy like a weekday so you will get more undivided attention. They are both good boot fitters. Brian Eardly is good too if you can deal with his eccentricities and occasional rudeness.
(Anonymous)
January 7, 2003
Thanks for the advice - Ive noticed a lot of negative comments toward chalet on this message board and def. will NOT be going there. Hopefully i can make it into ski center by end of the week. thanks again.
JohnL
January 7, 2003
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
I can't complain about my boot experiences at Ski Chalet. They did a good job of sizing the boots, making the custom insole and of injecting the silicone liners. After many years, they did a good job with the second set of silicone liners.

Avoid any ski shop when they are busy. The service you get will not be good. I've had poor service at both Ski Center and Ski Chalet when they were busy.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?