Late March ski options help
5 posts
4 users
1k+ views
vesty
March 4, 2005
Member since 02/28/2004 🔗
48 posts
Can anyone recommend a local resort for the last week of March (3/26-4/3)? I will be off for spring break that week. My guess is that all the Virgina resorts will be closed then. West Virginia resorts may be open depending upon weather and crowd count. Are PA resorts traditionally still open then? or do I have to go more north. I prefer to travel by car and stay on the east coast as I will have to be back at work by the 4th. Thanks in advance.
MadMonk
March 4, 2005
Member since 12/27/2004 🔗
235 posts
Snowshoe will likely be open. If they can avoid any major thaws the next couple of weeks they should have the Basin and probably the Western Territory open. Silvercreek is schedule to close around 3/19 unfortunately. I don't think you'll have a problem w/ crowds.
jimmy
March 4, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Timberline's website shows events scheduled thru 4/3. Is your wrist? all healed up?

jimmy
kwillg6
March 4, 2005
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,070 posts
Generally snowshoe and timberline are open until early april. If you are going mid-week (easter break) there will be NO crowds at either resort. The rest of the world will be planting peas and potatoes. As for other resorts, most if not all in PA close on or before the end of March. This year may be different with easter being so early. I'd check their websites to be sure and plan accordingly.
vesty
March 8, 2005
Member since 02/28/2004 🔗
48 posts
Thanks. The wrist is coming along slowly. I did manage a couple of runs at WG on Sunday. Maybe I can find a late season lodging/lift deal. Thanks.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.