Non-skiing activities at Tline?
2 posts
2 users
wgo
March 2, 2005
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,668 posts
Ok Gang,

Here's the deal: Powder at Tline. I really want a piece of that action. Normally I would be able to convince my wife to take a day trip out there this saturday. However, she is pregnant with our first kid. While our doc has given her the green light to ski as long as she feels comfortable with it, we have decided to err on the side of caution, so she won't be skiing. So, are there any non-skiing winter sports activities that she could do at Tline instead? I know that Whitegrass offers snowshoeing, but it would be nice if there was some activity centered around Tline so we could meet for lunch, etc.

Thanks in advance for any tips and advice!
tgd
March 2, 2005
Member since 07/15/2004 🔗
585 posts
No real non-skiing activities other than drinking and video games at the Timberline resort itself; however, plenty of snowshoeing and XC skiing on trails around the Timberline HOA - just need to bring your own equipment or rent at Whitegrass. Canaan Valley State Park is a different story. There is a great ice skating rink near the lodge, also a small gym with indoor pool. They also have an XC ski center which I think rents skis and snowshoes. They also have snow tubing at the mountain, though I'm not sure if that's any safer than skiing for a pregnant woman.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?