Mid-Atlantic Grooming
4 posts
4 users
wgo
March 1, 2005
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,667 posts
Headed up to Wintergreen this AM after they received 10 in. yesterday. And what did i find? side to side grooming. Thanks, guys.

It was still fun looking for and finding little pockets of deep snow and at least getting in a few powder turns here and there.
Murphy
March 1, 2005
Member since 09/13/2004 🔗
618 posts
I was at Winterplace yesterday and they had about 8". They left several runs ungroomed and they were a lot of fun. However, you could see why they feel the need to groom. The ungroomed slopes were littered with downed skiers. At one point I stood at the top of Snowbowl and counted 6 yard sales and not a single verticle skier. Now if you've never skied there, you should understand that Winterplace doesn't attract the highest quality of skier but still....
warren
March 1, 2005
Member since 07/31/2003 🔗
485 posts
Murphy,
That pretty much goes along with what I said earlier. It's unfortunate for those of us that like/are able to ski ungroomed/off-piste, but it's the fact of life/business here in the Mid-Atlantic.

-Warren-
JimK - DCSki Columnist
March 1, 2005
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,987 posts
Blue Knob used to be a great place to be when significant natural would fall. Not because they were purposefully mindful of reserving freshies for powder junkies, but due to lack of eqmt and manpower to mash it down over all the nooks and crannies of the place quickly.
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.