Any ski bargain in Vermont? Also PA/MD/WV?
6 posts
3 users
1k+ views
zaki11
December 29, 2002
Member since 12/29/2002 🔗
3 posts
I would like to go skiing anytime in January.
Could some one give some tips on bargain skiing in Vermont? Killington etc.

Also, any bargain elsewhere in PA/MD/WV?

johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
December 30, 2002
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
For New England, check out the deals listed here:

www.slidingonthecheap.com/neweng

For local bargains:

http://www.dcski.com/bargaintracker/

[This message has been edited by johnfmh (edited 12-30-2002).]

(Anonymous)
December 31, 2002
Hi, Our approach is to find an inexpensive Inn to the mountain you are going to. We found one close to Okemo and Bromley for $70.00/per night for both of us with a great breakfast. That's around $85/day with lift tickets per person! Not bad. We've been going there for 3 years and have 3 trips planned there for this season.

Another place I know of in Waitsfield (Sugarbush, Mad River Glen) called Tucker Hill Inn has ski packages that are reasonable too. Good luck and Happy New Year!

johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
December 31, 2002
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
Midweek is also a key factor in price. If you can head up midweek, you'll not only save a bundle of cash but get twice the skiing in as well. Stowe was empty on the two recent midweek trips I took there. The same was true with Sunday River.
(Anonymous)
January 1, 2003
one approach is to go to various ski area websites and look for just announced "specials" or the always better priced midweek lift and lodging packages. if not staying at a resort property try to avoid buying one day lift ticket window rate by getting multiday tickets; or if lucky, buy discount tickets sometimes available at local ski stores, groceries, and even gas stations. You have to fish around for this kind of info from locals. maybe a place like the Killington.com chat room might help. some places, especially northern vt, nh and me, have january discounts because weather can be real cold.
zaki11
January 2, 2003
Member since 12/29/2002 🔗
3 posts
Wow! thanks for all of the replies... the ski and stay package sounds really good!!

I think this is a good deal too...
http://www.pricechopper.com/temporary/skipass/index.shtml

[This message has been edited by zaki11 (edited 01-02-2003).]

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.