Whitetail Ski Report: 2/24 - 5pm
5 posts
4 users
KevR
February 24, 2005
Member since 01/27/2004 🔗
786 posts
Conditions: upwards to 4 inches (330pm) of powder on top of crud.

Runs: coverage is good on all runs but watch out for stuff on the sides of most trails (heavy crud underneath powder top covering). Of note: Exhibition's moguls are cruded up big time with a soft covering to entice the fool. Stay right or left hand side to lesson the impact of these craters. Ignore the run entirely unless you just are actually GOOD at moguls (lets me out), or you just have to try it for yourself...

Best Run of the Day: I'd have to go with the relatively benign green, Snow Park. A nice floating carpet feeling could be had for awhile when the new snow was freshest and the tracks were fewest with a top to bottom mostly straight shot run. Everything else seemed to have crud galore mixed in with the new snow especially Fanciful, Snow Dancer, Bold Decision, and Exhibition (probably Farside but i gave up by then) Angel Drop/Almost Home were good overall (but too crowded as usual by mid-afternoon)

Recommendations: hit the slopes tomorrow, it's unlikely to get any better than this thru season end, and you won't have to fight the lines on Saturday.

jimmy
February 24, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Quote:

Recommendations: hit the slopes tomorrow, it's unlikely to get any better than this thru season end, and you won't have to fight the lines on Saturday.

words to live by, i'm sick tomarrow
tromano
February 24, 2005
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
Crud? come on that is new snow!!! I never skied snow park today. But I thought exhibition was the best trial on the mtn today. The moguls don't get any easier than under a soft blanket. I did the run at least 10 times and I am a very mediocre mogul skier. There were a number of "untracked stashes" that I foudn off other experts choice trails as well.

Tomorrow will be the best conditions of the seson at WT. I assume they will groom a # of the slopes as well. Get it while the getting is good.
comprex
March 7, 2005
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts
Quote:

Get it while the getting is good.

Woo hoo! No lift lines! Soft bumps! I did 22 top to bottom bump runs on one 4hr pass!

It doesn't get better here, ever.
KevR
March 7, 2005
Member since 01/27/2004 🔗
786 posts
Sorry, I was in Utah all week... I think I know crud when I see it hiding beneath 2 inches of fresh. Anyway, with the warm up, those ice blocks have melted and the skiing should be fine. Any ideas on a closing date? Maybe I can squeeze another day in...

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.