You make the call!
8 posts
8 users
1k+ views
myrto
February 23, 2005
Member since 10/4/2001 🔗
259 posts
Okay it is awell known fact that the weather forecasters here suck, so this is our chance to show who's in the know andwho's full of blow.

How much snow will this alleged storm bring.

I say 4 inches around the beltway and 8" in the valley.
Snowmakers
February 23, 2005
Member since 11/23/2004 🔗
222 posts
7"-8" in the southern suberbs, 4"-6" in the city, and 5"-7" towards baltimore.
langleyskier
February 23, 2005
Member since 12/7/2004 🔗
824 posts
id say around 5-7 for metro area
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
February 24, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
8+ in Cannan Valley, 6+ in Northern Virginia.
Oh, and watch out for the "Big Bang" early next week!!!
The colonel
snowcone
February 24, 2005
Member since 09/27/2002 🔗
589 posts
There are still a bunch of issues with the 'big bang' next week. Two fields of thought: one says the storm will wash out to sea and we will get squat, or the storm will run up the coast and we will get nailed. Nailed as in 1-2 FEET ... [on knees praying to snow gods]. Trend seems to go with the 2nd option albeit with the storm coming in south of DC and the 1foot level delineator being south of the Potomac; we get less than 12".

Watch WxRisk postings over the weekend for more info. LWX [NOAA weather for MidA] is more on the conservative side and shows combo of snow/rain for the days in question. I sure hope they are wrong and this is an all snow event! I am becoming obsessive over this friggin storm ... I want to have a REAL dump here ... not one of those 'ghost' dumps we seemed to have gotten all season. Its just not fair that Boston and Nantucket keep getting nailed ... they have no use for all that snow, but we sure do!!!
tromano
February 24, 2005
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
I need to "get some religion." What are the proper forms, recipies, traditions or other arcane parctices I should work on in appealing to the snow Gods?
jimmy
February 24, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Tromano, It'd probably be faster to go the "chicken and face paint" route.

Snowcone, You're right, Boston/Nantucket was just a waste of good snow! Maybe there's some karma in the fact that I'm flying out to SLC on 3/7. Murphy's says that if there is a big dump in the MA this year, I'll probably missit

jimmy
VolklYokel
February 24, 2005
Member since 02/20/2005 🔗
14 posts
I'm a little late getting in on this thread, but today's storm seems to be wimping out. The Water Vapor imagery shows little moisture content, so here in Baltimore we'll be lucky to get 4 inches when its all said and done.

I too have been mystified by this season's snow fall, "wasting" good snow on flatland areas, like southern Indiana and Ohio, Nantucket and the like. If it's called "the Strategic Air Command," then why can't they command the jet stream to behave better?

I too will be heading to SLC next week, so I hope that Murphy and the snow gods will bless the rest of you while I'm away.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?