5 posts
3 users
1k+ views
tomimcmillar
February 14, 2005
Member since 11/21/2004 🔗
129 posts
Denis,

Sorry you're a bit too banged up to have made it....

2/12 WhiteGrass TR on TTips. (w/ pics)

it was a good day.
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
February 14, 2005
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts
Thanks Tom. I knew it would be good. Particularly enjoyed your reference to Ullr's breath blowing up the western slope of Bald Knob. Been there, done that, although I didn't capture it as well.

http://list.uvm.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0110e&L=skivt-l&D=1&O=A&P=167
tomimcmillar
February 15, 2005
Member since 11/21/2004 🔗
129 posts
Denis,

Like that TR, gotta love first days out when any skiing will do.

Boy oh boy was it ever blowing. We didn't go out to the exposed knob on our first trip through in the morn, powder fever and allll that. But on my return, solo trip in the afternooon, I popped out from Baldy Grove, stood on the raw edge and while enjoying the view down ridge towards Tline almost got blown off my feet, literally. A good solid downwind pole plant kept me upright. Then I turned face to face with the breeze and could pretty much lean right into it....powerful stuff.

You heading to Whitetail on Saturday?

Tom
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
February 15, 2005
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts
I'll be at Canaan helping with our scout troop's annual ski trip. They have always gone to Timberline in the past but wanted to try Canaan this year. There should be plenty of adult supervision (parents like to ski too) so I hope to be able to duck out into the backcountry a bit if - and it is a big if - my ankle has healed enough and swelling gone down enough to get into my boots. If not, I'll be bringing one alpine boot and ski and will ski on one leg.
warren
February 15, 2005
Member since 07/31/2003 🔗
485 posts
Denis,
Well, I'm in the valley for the long weekend as well. I'm going to do a mix on Canaan and T-Line. If see someone on one ski, I'll know it's you

-Warren-

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.