Where to go tomorrow
4 posts
3 users
Bumps
February 11, 2005
Member since 12/29/2004 🔗
538 posts
I got a pass from the wife. I was wondering where I should head tomorrow. any suggestons to avoid crowds? My last weekend trip I went to massanutten and it only had one expert slope and everything else was packed with long lines. I was going to get up and drive somewhere in the morning. Its been a while since I've driven to snowshoe from here and unsure of how long it takes. I was thinking 3-3.5 hours.If I go that far, I may just default to canaan or tline and visit my folks over while over there. I've never done WT but was afraid it would be crowded anyway.
JimK - DCSki Columnist
February 11, 2005
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts
Wintergreen and Mass will both probably be packed. Whitetail will probably be mobbed too. If both diamond jim and paradice are open, skiing the Mass quad was always my crowd escape when i lived at LOW in 80s and 90s.

I found Canaan crowds pretty light on Jan 29 and 30, but that's a pretty good haul from F'burg. Would you enjoy the tame skiing at Bryce? It's never too crowded.
Bumps
February 11, 2005
Member since 12/29/2004 🔗
538 posts
Thanks. Pretty much my thought process as well. At this point I think it will depend on how early I roll out of bed. It will either be bryce or canaan valley.
stonecipher
February 11, 2005
Member since 01/23/2005 🔗
4 posts
I was as mass last weekend and I was very suprised at the light load for the blues and there was no line for the blacks... have fun!

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.