Video of me doing NASTAR
7 posts
4 users
1k+ views
Kahuna613
February 5, 2005
Member since 11/20/2003 🔗
56 posts
After messing around quite a bit with my school webspace, I finally was able to upload a video of me doing NASTAR last weekend at Blue Knob. Clearly....I don't know much about racing, and if you look closely, about 2/3 of the way through the video, when I am behind the lift pole....I almost get a ski to the face from that low hanging chair that is only about 7 ft. off the ground, directly above the course. Rather dangerous IMHO.

http://www.georgetown.edu/users/rab26/Video/

Click on the bottom link on that page.
Mountain Masher
February 5, 2005
Member since 03/13/2004 🔗
541 posts
The NASTAR course at Blue Knob was moved from upper High Hopes to upper Route 66 (this season) to create the Terrain Park, complete with the junked school bus. The current location of the NASTAR course is potentially dangerous due to the low height of the lift chairs (in places) and the prominent location of the lift towers. Although upper High Hopes also has a lift running over it, the chairs are higher off the ground and the lift towers didn't obstruct the race course as much as they do on upper Route 66.
Kahuna613
February 5, 2005
Member since 11/20/2003 🔗
56 posts
Its also just very flat....I couldnt get going at all.
tromano
February 7, 2005
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
Any Word on conditions of BK? how were the lower mountain trails. The ics on your site show good cover. Thanks, Tim
Roy
February 8, 2005
Member since 01/11/2000 🔗
609 posts
I talked to my chiropracter yesterday and he was at BK this weekend. He said the glades were closed and Extrovert were closed but everything else had good cover.
Mountain Masher
February 8, 2005
541 posts
I was at Blue Knob late last week. In addition to Extrovert being closed, Deer Run was also closed. Stembogan was open but the coverage was terrible with rocks everywhere (in my opinion the slope shouldn't have been open). Now here's the funny part....according to the BK snow report last weekend, 26 of their trails were open including a half-dozen of their famous "Glades" (which DO NOT have ANY snowmaking)!!!! And, as of Monday (yesterday) the BK snow report showed that 24 of their trails were open, and the report still showed that around 4 of their Glades were open! There's NO WAY that anyone could have skied or boarded those so-called Glades (with only 5 inches of natural snow and NO base underneath) without doing some serious damage to their equipment!
Mountain Masher
February 8, 2005
541 posts
NEWS FLASH!!!! I just called the Blue Knob ski report at 800 458-3403 or 814 239-5111 and they're STILL reporting that 24 trails are open!!!! This total would have to mean that at least 4 of their famous, state-of-the-art Glades are also open. I live just a few miles away from BK and there's only about 4 inches of snow in the woods right now and it's raining. Frankly, I don't see how any of the Glades could be skiable.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.