Timberline Group Lesson Jan 28
6 posts
2 users
1k+ views
jimmy
February 4, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
How good can a group lesson be? Our group, five guys in their 40's ranging in ability from L3 to L8 signed up for a Friday lesson. There was the hesitation, I don't want to give up "skiing time", what can I learn in an hour. Anyway, we lined up and the five of us ended up with four instructors, pretty much a private lesson for us all, and headed off for lessons.

The lesson was what it was but when it was over, all five of us were two thumbs up, agreeing that it was a great experience and something we would do again. Better yet after another day of skiing, each of us still felt the same way.

I'm sure the calibre of instructors is high everywhere in the Mid-Atlantic. Taking a lesson is a part of the fun of skiing, not time away from it. These guys, Darrell, Mike, Bill & Bob are great skiers and teachers. They checked back with us on the slopes and even joined us for happy hour(s), sharing a lot about skiing, the vallley and their thoughts on making Timberline a better place to ski. Thanks Guys!

If you've been putting off a lesson, do it during the week, do it at your favorite hill and do it soon. No regrets.

jimmy
JohnL
February 4, 2005
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
I assume the L3's and L8's signed up for different classes?
jimmy
February 4, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Yup, they split us at line up and while two of us ended up together, we didn't see each other again until after the lesson.
JohnL
February 4, 2005
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
Sorry, didn't read your post too carefully the first time.
jimmy
February 4, 2005
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
That's OK, sometimes I'm hard to follow. Or....could it be...You found the free beer.
JohnL
February 4, 2005
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
It's just about that time of the week.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?